Summit 54 Below performers

travlDR

Are there performers from 54 Below in NYC on the Summit this summer?

Sadly, Summit no longer has "54 Below" :(

-- or the Tenors of Rock,

-- or Sin City,

-- or the Flamenco guitarist (Nestor),

-- or Jordan Peterson (there is still a piano player, but IMHO, he's not very good).

Last fall, we thought Summit had the best live performances we had ever seen on a Celebrity ship. This spring -- it was some of the worst.

Edited by wwcruisers

Sadly, Summit no longer has "54 Below" :(

-- or the Tenors of Rock,

-- or Sin City,

-- or the Flamenco guitarist (Nestor),

-- or Jordan Peterson (there is still a piano player, but IMHO, he's not very good).

Last fall, we thought Summit had the best live performances we had ever seen on a Celebrity ship. This spring -- it was some of the worst.

I personally am not sorry that Summit no longer has 54 Below, as the one time we experienced it we absolutely loathed the performer, and walked out. (All came down to the luck of the draw, I suppose, as to just who was scheduled during your particular cruise though.)

I am very hopeful, however, that Nestor Santorio will be back on board when we cruise again in late August. I really loved both his music and outgoing personality on our Canada/New England cruise last fall. He was such a vibrant, talented performer, in my opinion at least. My sister-in-law, however, did not particularly enjoy him, which just goes to show how everyone's taste is different.

Jordan Peterson was good, but I could take or leave him. I will say he was better than the young, blond woman who was playing the piano on that cruise last fall. She was not bad, and very personable to talk with, but had a limited repertoire that she could perform, and was flustered when I asked if she could play any song at all by a particular artist I liked (I can't even recall who it was now - might have been someone like Elton John or perhaps James Taylor.) I think she played and sang strictly from printed sheet music, and I found it odd that she didn't have something committed to memory by the well-known artist I requested.

We have never seen Tenors of Rock, as they left the ship just as we got on last year. I read very good things about them though, and would love to have the opportunity to hear them perform, so hope they might possibly be back on Summit next month as well. Does anyone know how quickly the on-board talent/performers can be swapped out?

Celebrity and RCCL have pooled resources and are producing entertainment and hiring acts in house. This is supposedly a major move that will result in several rotating productions and new shows. This was explained by Cruise Director on Summit a few weeks ago.

Celebrity and RCCL have pooled resources and are producing entertainment and hiring acts in house. This is supposedly a major move that will result in several rotating productions and new shows. This was explained by Cruise Director on Summit a few weeks ago.

God, I hope that means they will finally retire that Sirens production show!! Sort of enjoyed it the first year, not so much the second one, and last year, did not even set one foot in the theater when it was on yet again! Boy, they sure got their money's worth out of those costumes and sets!

We'll be on Summit again next month, and I can't believe that same, tired show will be what is being offered to us yet again.

Edited by Lysingers

Celebrity is my preferred cruiseline. However, the entertainment on the Summit last August was horrible. It was old, tired, unpolished, weak etc. The costumes were cheap, in disrepair, garish, and embarrassing. The singing and dancing were not even on par with a high school musical.

The comedian simply wasn't funny. The juggler was ok. The acrobatics were repetative and unimpressive.

I sincerely hope that some of the enterttinment is better this year. Otherwise we'll be skipping it all.... again.

Celebrity is my preferred cruiseline. However, the entertainment on the Summit last August was horrible. It was old, tired, unpolished, weak etc. The costumes were cheap, in disrepair, garish, and embarrassing. The singing and dancing were not even on par with a high school musical.

The comedian simply wasn't funny. The juggler was ok. The acrobatics were repetative and unimpressive.

I sincerely hope that some of the enterttinment is better this year. Otherwise we'll be skipping it all.... again.

Totally agree with you about those tacky production show costumes.

None of those performers were on my June cruise. The entertainment was okay. Compared to previous years, the entertainment wasn't as good. Missed Nestor. On a previous Summit cruise, we listened to him every night. Nestor was fabulous. Is he on another ship?