TD 18 - Soon to Be Hurricane Rita

AFT_LOVER

Will be hammering Bahamas then Tuesday Cuba & the Keys, then by Friday hitting LA or TX or even Mexico.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refres...ml/181800.shtml

Then for those hitting Bermuda during the week, you will have TS soon to be Hurricane Philippe following you as he heads east with Ophelia.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refres...ml/181448.shtml

Does anyone else think that Hurricane Rita sounds like a really dangerous, but delicious drink - combining a Hurricane and a Margarita?

I'm starting to worry now at the rate this season is going. I told my family that hurricane season ended November 30th, I hope this season doesn't prove me wrong.

Can anyone tell what ships may have schedule changes yet?

Voyager is on the way to Bermuda now, but Phillipe is a slow mover and the ship should be almost back to new York before the storm gets to Bermuda.

Any ship that sails the Florida straights or needs the Ports of Miami and Fort Lauderdale Tue.-Thu. may be affected, and then the ships in Texas by next weekend.

We are sailing the Empress a week from today on the Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya route. Sounds like we may be in for a little "wave action", hope not cause my Mom get's sick really easy. Oh well, them's the chances you take cruising this time of year. We've been lucky so far, hope our luck holds.

It's starting to be difficult to tell when and where it is safe to book-it used to be that all you needed to worry about was Florida cruises between Jul-Sept. Now its Texas, NO, and pretty much Spring to Fall may be a problem-I just got back from Hawaii yesterday and there have been freakishly big waves and warnings all week-it's getting crazy out there-

36_11_6.gif

Pass one to me...

Not to make light of the hurricanes... but this was good!!

Thank you, I do have the occasional witty moment.

Terri23, good luck to you. Hopefully Rita will suddenly die down, go away and not hit any land at all, but at the very least will veer away from Galveston, Houston, and NO. I remember when Allison hit Houston and it wasn't pretty. Praying for you all.

Terri23, good luck to you. Hopefully Rita will suddenly die down, go away and not hit any land at all, but at the very least will veer away from Galveston, Houston, and NO. I remember when Allison hit Houston and it wasn't pretty. Praying for you all.

Thanks for the positive thoughts as well as the drink suggestion! ;) We've got our fingers crossed that Rita will head to a less populated area.

Archived