Booking Pinnacle Grill Question

MrsMuir

I did a search, but could not find the answer to my question.

I want to reserve the Pinnacle Grill for the evening of my travel companion's special birthday. When I go online to do so, it looks like I have to charge it to my credit card. How can I indicate that I am a Three-Star Mariner and therefore am entitled to a 25% discount for these two dinners?

Is there a similar discount for the Tamarind Grill? At $20 I'd be surprised if there were.

Thanks for your help.

Mrs Muir

I did a search, but could not find the answer to my question.

I want to reserve the Pinnacle Grill for the evening of my travel companion's special birthday. When I go online to do so, it looks like I have to charge it to my credit card. How can I indicate that I am a Three-Star Mariner and therefore am entitled to a 25% discount for these two dinners?

Is there a similar discount for the Tamarind Grill? At $20 I'd be surprised if there were.

Thanks for your help.

Mrs Muir

You get charged the full amount, but your 3 star discount of 25% is credited back to you on your onboard account.

Yes, the discount applies to the Tamarind and Canaletto also!

Technically the discount applies only to you and cabin-mates on the same booking number, not to any guests from other cabins, but I haven't had that happen since aboard the N.A. in 2010.

From Mariner FAQs:

13. Can I extend my benefits (such as the 25% or 50% discount at select food and beverage outlets) to shipmates?

No. Benefits are intended for the personal use of the applicable guest and those sharing a stateroom with the guest on the same booking number. Not applicable to groups. Holland America Line reserves the right to limit benefits if necessary.

Edited by jtl513

Agreed!

I booked all our restaurant reservations online for our recent Eurodam cruise, under my family name (which begins with S) yet when the cabin reminder/invitations arrived for the various evenings, those invitations were always addressed to my partner whose family name begins with B.

So perhaps there is an alphabetical assumption onboard, that the 'guest' is also the 2nd cabin-person on the same booking.

We are both (now) 3 Star Mariners too, but there certainly is added value to cabin-sharing on HAL, at stages when one guest is at a higher level than the other.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I similarly, take copies of everything I've booked online with me;

Cabin Flowers, Champagne, Restaurants or Shore Excursions.

That all said, we've never had a problem with HAL over any discounts or changed timings or booking dates. Always exactly to spec.

The only thing we were asked to do this last time around, was to re-confirm our 2 online Canaletto bookings and timings, once onboard.

Our online Pinnacle, Le Cirque & De Librije (sp?) bookings were never questioned, although I confirmed them all on our first dining visit of the cruise, to the Restaurant Manager.

We're big fans of Pinnacle, the service is always second to none!

Edited by Citizenship
typo.

On the Westerdam this April we hosted a table for four of our lesser star friends. We indicated we would be paying for all the lunches and all six lunches were charged to our account with our 50% discount applied.

LOL---"Lesser star friends" doesn't sound quite right but I'm sure you get the picture. :)

On the Westerdam this April we hosted a table for four of our lesser star friends. We indicated we would be paying for all the lunches and all six lunches were charged to our account with our 50% discount applied.

LOL---"Lesser star friends" doesn't sound quite right but I'm sure you get the picture. :)

Same thing happened on the Nieuw Amsterdam last fall for us. We prepaid online for a party of 3 for the Pinnacle, Tamarind, and Le Cirque. The reservation was for my wife, me, and her father. We had a statement credit for the discount for all of us. DW and I were 3* at the time. Her dad's 2*. We were in 2 separate cabins, but my wife made the reservations on the HAL site.

Instead of lesser star friends, how about less stellar friends?

Edited by POA1

Same thing happened on the Nieuw Amsterdam last fall for us. We prepaid online for a party of 3 for the Pinnacle, Tamarind, and Le Cirque. The reservation was for my wife, me, and her father. We had a statement credit for the discount for all of us. DW and I were 3* at the time. Her dad's 2*. We were in 2 separate cabins, but my wife made the reservations on the HAL site.

Instead of lesser star friends, how about less stellar friends?

:eek:(aghast look) - How dare you Sir!! To cast such aspersions on my character. As one of those lesser star friends, I am definitely not less stellar. Were we closer geographically it would be pistols at dawn.:D

:eek:(aghast look) - How dare you Sir!! To cast such aspersions on my character. As one of those lesser star friends, I am definitely not less stellar. Were we closer geographically it would be pistols at dawn.:D

Didn’t realize it was you. Let me correct myself. "Less stellar, but at least if not more awesome friends."