Dinner in suite

ade99

Hi

We are booked in a Celebrity Suite for the upcoming eclipse sailing to Russia.

Last year was our first time in a suite and unfortunately I don't think we will ever be going back to not having a suite!

I have read in a few threads about people having dinner bought from restaurants to their suites, is this still happening? How do you organise it?

I don't want to be unsocial but it might be nice after a long day touring to get back relax on the balcony but still have a nice meal.

Many thanks

Hi

We are booked in a Celebrity Suite for the upcoming eclipse sailing to Russia.

Last year was our first time in a suite and unfortunately I don't think we will ever be going back to not having a suite!

I have read in a few threads about people having dinner bought from restaurants to their suites, is this still happening? How do you organise it?

I don't want to be unsocial but it might be nice after a long day touring to get back relax on the balcony but still have a nice meal.

Many thanks

Just ask you butler, who will explain the procedure and organize the whole thing for you.

We did it in our Celebrity Suite when we were in St Petersburg overnight. It was a lovely relaxed evening after an exhausting day. Our Butler set up the table on our Balcony and we dined in our bare feet and casual clothes. We'd saved one of our bottles of wine and our Butler put this on ice for us. He served us course by course. It was wonderful, as we were so tired from our full on private tour that day.

We also did it in Santorini when we were in an S2 Sky Suite on a Med cruise. The Equinox was not scheduled to leave until 10.00 pm, so it was an ideal time to dine on the balcony. On that occasion we had our starters and main courses then went up to the Lawn for their Cheese & Wine concert, then returned for our dessert later.

Plan to do it again on our next cruise round the Med in a few months time.

Enjoy - there is nothing like it!:)

I think that you can order from the suite restaurant, Luminae.

You may order from the MDR menu [during normal MDR sitting times] or the room service menu [at any time] but not from other restaurants.

I think that you can order from the suite restaurant, Luminae.

No, although before Luminae was opened, there was a suggestion that the in-suite menu may eventually be enhanced from the Luminae menu. I have not read anywhere that this has happened yet.

Our Butler set up the table on our Balcony and we dined in our bare feet and casual clothes.

We also did it in Santorini when we were in an S2 Sky Suite on a Med cruise. ....... it was an ideal time to dine on the balcony.

Enjoy - there is nothing like it!:)

We intend enjoying in-suite meals too. I presume that if the weather is 'inclement' the butler will move the dining table indoors for us?