CELL PHONES , TV and COMPUTERS

falcon5travels

The best cell phone range that you can get anywhere is about two miles from a tower. Since cruise ships don't have cell towers, you need to be very close to land or in a port to get a cell signal.

I was able to use my Verizon phone in St. Maarten and in the Virgin Islands though it was doing some serious roaming. I was talking to my brother on his birthday from deck 9 when the "fancy whistle" went off. He thought that it was very cool.

Does the wonder recieve cell phone service? We have AT&T/Cingular? What about in room internet access? and what about tV? My daughter is a big OC fan and wants to watch it? Thanks

For cell phone service, I haven't read anything about Disney offering it, but several other cruise lines are installing it. NCL seems the most gung-ho. RCCL is going to have it on one or two ships. Otherwise you have to be close to land. Since the Wonder sails the Bahamas that pretty much leaves you to Port Canaveral up embarkation/disembarkation and sailaway/arrival and Nassau.

I don't believe the wonder has in room internet access since that is only offered on ships on other lines that were build in very recent years. However they have cafe where you can buy by the minute or get a length of cruise deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Being part of their Crown and Anchor Society, RC leaves coupon booklets in your cabin. So I was unsure if DCL offered the same.

I noticed on our 3 day, they offered ‘some type’ of complimentary service for internet access, but that could have been offered due to the delay on the ship leaving the port. So, I’m not sure if this is offered otherwise.

C

Archived