FTTF Question?!

BigLar1

Hey All, My next cruise is on the Breeze in November and FTTF is currently sold out. I'm hoping since we are still almost 5 months out that some more tickets will open soon. I find it hard to believe that it's completely sold out and it's still a good amount of time left to book. Have anyone seen more tickets opening closer to sail date?

Absolutely. They generally start with 30 or so and then open more up depending on how many VIFPs they have. We are 3 months out and it was sold out for 2 months, but they just opened some up and we got them. Definitely check as often as possible at different times of the day. Another good tip is to get on a Roll Call or a Facebook group and let people know that you are looking - the more eyes the better. I offered to buy a DOD for the first person to tell me when there were more available.. and that's how I got mine - one of the group members messaged me at 11:30 one night and said "there's more available! get them quick!" If none of that works, start checking right around final payment date because some get dropped at that point. Good luck!

I would check again. I sail on the Breeze Dec 19, 2015. Up until today they've been sold out. I look and just snagged one about 15 minutes ago for our trip. You might have some luck for yours.

Definitely keep looking. We had it on our last Carnival cruise and when some friends decided to join us about four months out they weren't able to get it initially, but kept checking and got it about three or four weeks before the cruise.

I was stressing about the same thing and finally got it 31 days out.

I will also say the Breeze is the only time I haven't felt that FTTF Was worth the cost. It was my 5th time having FTTF, and if I did the Breeze I don't know if I'd do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To echo what everyone else has said, check as many times a day as you can. Sometimes they open up because people have to cancel. When I booked my Oct cruise in Apr they were all sold out, but I kept checking and suddenly one day there was one available so I scooped it up. Good luck!

I was stressing about the same thing and finally got it 31 days out.

I will also say the Breeze is the only time I haven't felt that FTTF Was worth the cost. It was my 5th time having FTTF, and if I did the Breeze I don't know if I'd do it again.

Curious as to why you didn't feel it was worth the cost for the Breeze? What in particular made you feel that way? We have never sailed her before but are now looking for FTTF for a December cruise. Have gotten it for all our other sailings and always thought it was well worth the cost. Thanks for any info. on this particular ship!

Hey All, My next cruise is on the Breeze in November and FTTF is currently sold out. I'm hoping since we are still almost 5 months out that some more tickets will open soon. I find it hard to believe that it's completely sold out and it's still a good amount of time left to book. Have anyone seen more tickets opening closer to sail date?

With a ship of thousands, selling 30 is nothing. Of course they are sold out. Keep checking often for any more openings. It's almost a competition to get them.

I cruise on the Liberty on July 19th. FTTF was sold out for the longest time but it became available 2 days ago. I was able to get it then. Just keep checking everyday.

Generally how many FTTF do they sell on any given ship, because if they sell it to tons of people what would be the benefit of getting it if everyone and their brother also had it. Just wondering as I haven't sailed on Carnival since they started this program. Thanks Linda

Generally how many FTTF do they sell on any given ship, because if they sell it to tons of people what would be the benefit of getting it if everyone and their brother also had it. Just wondering as I haven't sailed on Carnival since they started this program. Thanks Linda

according to the customer support person on the phone at carnival, they have sold 80 so far for my cruise - this particular person said they didn't like to go that high because of the reason you stated - not sure whether that is Carnival policy or just this person's opinion but you do make a lot of sense!

OP not even near final payment. People do cancel even the high mileage that get the benefits of FTTF for free.

FTTF is a shorex so it is refundable and people do cancel it.

I've gotten it 2 weeks before cruise, probably when someone upselled to a suite and cancelled it.

FWIW

Checking often is definitely important, as they often release more after the initial release.

But, also join your roll call and let the folks there know you want one. I bought mine the day they became available for our cruise 8 months out. As we decide our final plans, we may cancel. If someone on your roll call knows you want it, they may be willing to set up a time when they are cancelling and you can grab it right away.

People cancel all the time as they firm up their shore excursion for a tender port. They may not need it after all. Or, if they decide that they can't get to the port until early afternoon instead of morning for embarkation....

Just KEEP checking!

Absolutely. They generally start with 30 or so and then open more up depending on how many VIFPs they have. We are 3 months out and it was sold out for 2 months, but they just opened some up and we got them. Definitely check as often as possible at different times of the day. Another good tip is to get on a Roll Call or a Facebook group and let people know that you are looking - the more eyes the better. I offered to buy a DOD for the first person to tell me when there were more available.. and that's how I got mine - one of the group members messaged me at 11:30 one night and said "there's more available! get them quick!" If none of that works, start checking right around final payment date because some get dropped at that point. Good luck!

someone posted on facebook page that there were about 200 people on her cruise with fttf - didn't include all the platinum and diamond.

Curious as to why you didn't feel it was worth the cost for the Breeze? What in particular made you feel that way? We have never sailed her before but are now looking for FTTF for a December cruise. Have gotten it for all our other sailings and always thought it was well worth the cost. Thanks for any info. on this particular ship!

All my other FTTF experiences, we were on board at least 30-45 minutes before the crowds. This time was about 10. No big deal.

Room was "ready" but towels and ice hadn't arrived yet, which was no big deal. Pullman bed was not made up yet- still in ceiling.

Luggage wasn't delivered until 4:15. That was a bummer. We had checked it in at 9:30 am, too. When I called, GS said it was a sold out ship and a lot of luggage. Yes i realize 4:15 is still "early" but FTTF claims immediately.

Tendering in GC wasn't much of a line, so we didn't use FTTF. It would have been more of a pain to go to GS, then down to tender.

So basically I paid $60 to get a guys burger 15 minutes before tons of people got in line! [emoji38]