Jewel - Specialty Dining Package questions

Husky1987

I apologize if these have been recently asked....I did a forum search of a few subjects and couldn't see anything in the first few pages. Of course my lack of finding something may just be operator error ;)

My wife and I are traveling in December, our first time on NCL.

1. If I get a 3 or 4 night Specialty Dining Package just for myself, can I make the reservation for both my wife and I and use our OBC (from our TA) to pay for her meals?

2. I'd use the OBC to either buy the package once onboard or pay for each meal without the package, but I've read in a few threads that it may be very difficult to get reservations in the specialty restaurants at decent times if you don't book pre-cruise. Is this true in your experience or can I wait until onboard without worry?

3. As a semi-follow up to #2, if I can wait until onboard to make reservations, would it be smart to make them all as soon as I get on board or is it feasible (i.e. do you still have a lot of choices, both restaurant and time) to make them day by day?

Thanks in advance for the advice....

Looking forward to our first NCL cruise, my folks were veterans of 40+ cruises, mostly on Royal, but did a couple NCL cruises and really enjoyed them. Hope our first one leads to many more!

I apologize if these have been recently asked....I did a forum search of a few subjects and couldn't see anything in the first few pages. Of course my lack of finding something may just be operator error ;)

My wife and I are traveling in December, our first time on NCL.

1. If I get a 3 or 4 night Specialty Dining Package just for myself, can I make the reservation for both my wife and I and use our OBC (from our TA) to pay for her meals?

2. I'd use the OBC to either buy the package once onboard or pay for each meal without the package, but I've read in a few threads that it may be very difficult to get reservations in the specialty restaurants at decent times if you don't book pre-cruise. Is this true in your experience or can I wait until onboard without worry?

3. As a semi-follow up to #2, if I can wait until onboard to make reservations, would it be smart to make them all as soon as I get on board or is it feasible (i.e. do you still have a lot of choices, both restaurant and time) to make them day by day?

Thanks in advance for the advice....

Looking forward to our first NCL cruise, my folks were veterans of 40+ cruises, mostly on Royal, but did a couple NCL cruises and really enjoyed them. Hope our first one leads to many more!

Welcome to Norwegian and I hope you have a great time on your cruise. I think the answer to all of your questions is yes but I'm not 100% on that.

How do you pre-book a specialty restaurant on line?

I couldn't find where to do it online and it clearly states to open your account to do exactly this. NCL website leaves too much to be desired.

Here is a link to where you can create an account that gives you access to MyNCL - it is possible to make online reservations for specialty restaurants when it is 90 days or less until your sailing date:

https://www.ncl.com/cas/login?service=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncl.com%2Fbge%2Fmy-account%3FSOURCE_CTX%3D%2Fnclweb

And here you can find an information video regarding MyNCL:

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/get-to-know-my-ncl#vid2http://www.bing.com/?cc=no

I couldn't find where to do it online and it clearly states to open your account to do exactly this. NCL website leaves too much to be desired.

Are you under 90 days? OK, I see you are not under 90 or 100 days. So the website is really working as it should?

Edited by rvsullivan

Are you under 90 days? OK, I see you are not under 90 or 100 days. So the website is really working as it should?
There is no info on the website that you need to be within 90 days so the site is not very helpful. I also don't like that they give a range of sq, footage for a category and never give you the exact sq. footage when you get down into the reservation and pick your cabin.