2017WC check it out

For blogs, I use blogspot.com. Allows you to post pictures into the text of the blog. Only it is slow uploading pictures on the ships internet. I try and upload the pictures while on shore and then post later. Seems to work for me.

Eileen

For blogs, I use blogspot.com. Allows you to post pictures into the text of the blog. Only it is slow uploading pictures on the ships internet. I try and upload the pictures while on shore and then post later. Seems to work for me.

Eileen

I might be able to help with that -- pictures are slow to load from a ship, no matter what blog you use. Look into resizing your photos before uploading. There are several different methods and software depending on what platform you're using, but the ideal is to get them down to 640 x 480 pixels, which is usually no more than 20K bytes (as opposed to 1.3 Megabytes in high resolution.) Most resizing programs will let you create a new, resized photo in a different folder without affecting your originals. I can recommend some resizing software for PCs; others, such as ComputerWorks, are probably better in other formats like Apple.

Edited by hondorner

It will be interesting to read what people think of the Navigator after the world cruise. When the Navigator was previously used in a world cruise it still had the observation lounge which was a good chunk of public space with a nice. However that is now a gym reducing the amount of public space to congregate in.

I find the WC offering irritating. Why? Well, we had already considered the Silversea world cruise for 2017 and then along comes Regent with its longer intinerary, better pricing and attractive intinerary. So instead of having just the dilemma of whether or not to go for the world cruise, if we decide to go we now have two competing offerings. A first world problem, I know, but what to do?

• 3 weeks later...