Vancouver hotel room comparison

Straymo

We fly in the night before our cruise and we have a room booked near the airport. In looking we realize we have enough Hilton points to book a free room. Our choices are:

Hilton Vancouver Metrotown

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Langley-Surrey

Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver airport/Richmond

I know this gets asked all the time, so I do apologize. We arrive in the evening the night before so we won't be sightseeing in Vancouver.

Thanks in advance!

The Langley-Surrey one is WAY out of town so don't even consider it. The Metrotown (Burnaby) location is near Metrotown Mall, the largest mall in the province so I don't think you really need that either. Are you already booked at the airport one you listed as a choice? If so, then just stay there. They may offer a shuttle bus from the airport so then you'd just have to get yourself to Canada Place to pick up your cruise. If no shuttle, it's a short cab ride away. :)

All but the Hampton Inn in Richmond are some distance from YVR and downtown Vancouver and would take some effort to get to...so the Richmond property would be my 2nd choice, my first choice would be the Hampton Inn on Robson St. in downtown which offers a shuttle to the pier at Canada place...if I had enough points.

http://www.hamptoninnvancouver.com/

We are booked at a different airport hotel, but would be paying almost $300. We were prepared for that, but realizing we have points to get a free room, that would be nice. The Hampton Inn downtown was my first choice months ago and has been sold out.

Unless you can stay at the Hampton in downtown Vancouver, the richmond one will be fine. I don't know if they have an airport shuttle, but just cab it from the hotel - about 10 minutes. On the day of the cruise, cab or hotel shuttle to Skytrain (our metro). Take the skytrain 30 minutes to downtown Vancouver. The last station is a few block walk from cruise ship terminal... assuming that you are boarding at Canada Place.

We fly in the night before our cruise and we have a room booked near the airport. In looking we realize we have enough Hilton points to book a free room. Our choices are:

Hilton Vancouver Metrotown

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Langley-Surrey

Hampton Inn by Hilton Vancouver airport/Richmond

I know this gets asked all the time, so I do apologize. We arrive in the evening the night before so we won't be sightseeing in Vancouver.

Thanks in advance!

Metro town and Langley are long way from the airport and pier .

Book the Hampton in Richmond. That is our hotel of choice when we visit or cruise from Vancouver . It has a nice breakfast with 24 hr tea and coffee in the lobby .

We are booked at a different airport hotel, but would be paying almost $300. We were prepared for that, but realizing we have points to get a free room, that would be nice. The Hampton Inn downtown was my first choice months ago and has been sold out.

Then I would definitely go with the Airport/Richmond Hampton.