Where do you stay, night before, in Miami?

qa4ever

I would recommend the Intercontinental downtown by the port. Perfect location. You will not be disappointed.

I stayed there last time and I agree it is a great choice, but it is almost $400 all in for January 9. I am watching to see if the price drops. I paid closer to $200 last time. I have booked the Residence Inn by the airport as a fallback.

I stayed there last time and I agree it is a great choice, but it is almost $400 all in for January 9. I am watching to see if the price drops. I paid closer to $200 last time. I have booked the Residence Inn by the airport as a fallback.

Have you tried using Last Minute Travel dot com ? I have stayed a number of times there and have used this site each time and saved a considerable amount.

Have you tried using Last Minute Travel dot com ? I have stayed a number of times there and have used this site each time and saved a considerable amount.

Yes, I used LMT the last time I booked the IC and I continue to check. I am hoping the rates go down later in the year. Thanks.

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot Downtown before our cruise on 8/22.

We arrived at 9:30am and our room was ready. It was a nice hotel and I would stay there again. The pool area is very nice with lounge chairs and tables. They have a Starbuks as well as a restaurant. We did not eat there so can't comment on the food. Everyone was very nice. There is a 24 hour CVS a block away as well as a Whole Foods. We ate breakfast at Whole Foods which was way less expensive than the hotel. They also had a larger variety of choices. It is close to the People Mover and Bayside Market. We paid approximately $169. There is a taxi stand right across the street. It cost $20.00 which included a very generous tip. This is what we would have paid using the hotel shuttle for four people.

It is better since you leave on your schedule and not theirs. We arrived at the port about 10:30am

Thank you so much Goofygirl! I need to be at the pier early and the shuttle will most likely not get me there on my time. (I'm booked for the precruise package and will try to change that). And your information about the surrounding area was very good to know.