NCL Epic Civitavecchia Disembarkation Question

Dsil432

If anyone has recently sailed on the Epic and disembarked at Civitavecchia, do you know what the earliest we would be able to self-disembark would be? The ship is scheduled to dock at 7:00am, and we booked a train from Civitavecchia that departs at 9:18am. I realize this is probably cutting it close but stupidly booked a train without looking at what time we docked.

Also, does anyone know approximately what percent of the passengers start and end their cruise in Civitavecchia vs. Barcelona? I'm hoping with the two different embarkation ports, it won't be a mad rush to disembark like it is in Miami or Vancouver on previous cruises.

Thank you!

In May we were out of our cabin at 8:00 and were in our transfer to our hotel by 8:30

The majority of people embarked in Barcelona so you don't have the craziness at trying to find your luggage and if you carry it off yourself it will be an even faster process. The same with embarkation, we had absolutely no wait and the ship was nearly empty when we got on because most of the passengers were in port.

In May we were out of our cabin at 8:00 and were in our transfer to our hotel by 8:30

The majority of people embarked in Barcelona so you don't have the craziness at trying to find your luggage and if you carry it off yourself it will be an even faster process. The same with embarkation, we had absolutely no wait and the ship was nearly empty when we got on because most of the passengers were in port.

Thank you! I appreciate your help in answering this question.

• 1 year later...

I just called Norwegian with that same question . We are going in May 2017 . They said you will be off the ship no later than 930 to 10 am after having time for breakfast . If you want to get off early , they can make those arrangements . Have Fun !

If anyone has recently sailed on the Epic and disembarked at Civitavecchia, do you know what the earliest we would be able to self-disembark would be? The ship is scheduled to dock at 7:00am, and we booked a train from Civitavecchia that departs at 9:18am. I realize this is probably cutting it close but stupidly booked a train without looking at what time we docked.

Also, does anyone know approximately what percent of the passengers start and end their cruise in Civitavecchia vs. Barcelona? I'm hoping with the two different embarkation ports, it won't be a mad rush to disembark like it is in Miami or Vancouver on previous cruises.

Thank you!

We were worried we would not make our flight never mind miss the train. We needed to go from Civi to Rome, then Rome to the Airport. If any delay we were screwed so we disembarked in Naples the night before as the ship left at 7pm I think. We stayed overnight at the airport.

It was great, the last night means nothing to us, easy off in Naples, easy to the train. Would do it again in a heart beat.

Steve

Civitavecchia is far from Rome and the airport(s), but there are many options for getting there. If you choose to book an early flight, you reduce your options. If your flight out of Rome is so early that you have to get off the ship in Naples, you booked the wrong flight. ;)

Civitavecchia is far from Rome and the airport(s), but there are many options for getting there. If you choose to book an early flight, you reduce your options. If your flight out of Rome is so early that you have to get off the ship in Naples, you booked the wrong flight. ;)

I would agree with you.

Flight was $1000 cheaper for 2 people if we made the earlier flight and it was a direct flight to Miami. We were cruising B2B2B (31 days) so the last night meant nothing to us. Even our hotel was cheaper than a transfer.

I would do that again in an instant.

Steve

It's true that a private transfer from Civitavecchia to the airport is pricey. You can try to reduce costs by arranging to share with others, because lots of people are heading that way on disembarkation morning. Make sure you're all going to the same airport… :)

It may no longer be an option to disembark at an earlier port. Someone in this recent thread asked about getting off in Naples instead of going all the way to Civitavecchia, and NCL told them no. (But in that case it was a short, one-way cruise from Barcelona, so that could have something to do with it.)