Bumped out corner cabins Coral or Island Princess

Kathiebrown

Planning to book a bumped out corner cabin balcony on a Aloha deck cabin A625 or A624 on the Coral or Island Princess. I understand that these cabins are not covered. My concern is being exposed to the wind when the ship is moving. If you have stayed in these cabins, please let me know if you're able to sit on the balcony and enjoy yourself when the ship is at sea. A review on these cabin numbers would be extremely helpful, thank you .

Planning to book a bumped out corner cabin balcony on a Aloha deck cabin A625 or A624 on the Coral or Island Princess. I understand that these cabins are not covered. My concern is being exposed to the wind when the ship is moving. If you have stayed in these cabins, please let me know if you're able to sit on the balcony and enjoy yourself when the ship is at sea. A review on these cabin numbers would be extremely helpful, thank you .

Forward corner/bump outs will have no protection from the wind and aft corners will be only slightly protected. The balcony is a tad smaller and you are open to many other cabins balconies. Ours friends had one a few years ago. They never mentioned wind issues. Not sure if they had any.

Hi there

We had C622 on the Island which is a bump out. We had great views only had one day when it was a but windy otherwise it was fine half covered half open with a large balcony. Brilliant.

I purposely chose the last bumpout on the first section (C309???) for a B2B2B Alaska cruise. Loved it. Wrap around glass railing. Sheltered from the wind (forward cabins caught it all). I am friendly and wasn't bothered by the fact that I could see everyone and everyone could see me. I can't remember if it was covered (thought so). Would do it again.

Edited by cr8tiv1

We had C622 on a Panama Canal cruise a few years ago and loved it. The ability to look forward as well as out was an asset, especially going through the canal. The people around the corner can see into your balcony if they want, but we didn't have an issue.

We had C622 on a Panama Canal cruise a few years ago and loved it. The ability to look forward as well as out was an asset, especially going through the canal. The people around the corner can see into your balcony if they want, but we didn't have an issue.

Totally agree with you. Great cabin. Actually, hardy any passengers used their balcony in the cabins set back.

Because you can look right down into the water we saw whales Dolphins and turtles swimming by as we travelled down from LA to the Panama Canal.

We had C622 for Panama Canal. It was great viewing for canal. While at sea it was quite windy while underway - we had 3 cabins in a row so sat on one of the other balconies when necessary. We went in March if that makes a difference. I would prefer a bump out that faces aft.

We had C622 for Panama Canal. It was great viewing for canal. While at sea it was quite windy while underway - we had 3 cabins in a row so sat on one of the other balconies when necessary. We went in March if that makes a difference. I would prefer a bump out that faces aft.

I agree, it affords a little protection. :)

Thank you everyone for your reviews. We do use our balcony a lot when we cruise. I have decided to get the cabin next to the first bump out, for wind protection. Thank you again to all the experience cruisers, for helping us make a knowledgeable cabin selection. :)