Travel Docs/Luggage Tags

Playalover

Hola all,

Thanks for all the posts the last couple of months, I'm getting super excited for our first Azamara cruise in August.

We are less than 30 days out and have not received any type of travel documents from Azamara (for example, luggage tags) in the snail mail. Also, I'm curious what port we will be using in Istanbul and guessing that our travel docs will let us know (we booked a B&B thinking it would be the port we sailed into last year with NCL, it may possibly be a port on the other side of the Galata Bridge) and we are looking to change our overnight lodging.

We have checked in online and printed those docs.

At what point should I be contacting my TA to say we haven't received anything? When did you receive yours?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder! I'm on Journey 30th July, checked last week via the website and still didn't have the edocs tab and luggage tags available. I've just checked again and they are there so I've ordered the tags. You can get to it via the online check in page. It's usually about six weeks before the cruise so it's late this time. Hopefully yours will pop up soon too. I can't help on the port directions because we sail out of Athens into Istanbul so just have port directions for Piraeus.

Phil

Our travel documents for our 25 August cruise came electronically today. We are booked direct with Azamara so presume they may come quicker. Not checked about the luggage labels but as Phil says it's usually 3-4 weeks before you can order up to about 10 days before

Hola all,

Thanks for the speedy replies.

I just ordered my luggage tags (thanks for the info) and have all green check marks for online check in. Nowhere in my travel documents does it say which port we are cruising out of in Istanbul, it just says Istanbul.

Having been there last year we assumed (I know "ass") the same port and booked accommodations near the port. I followed the Chris Cruises blog these past couple of weeks and he pointed out that they cruised out of a different area.

Any idea where I might find the port information? I just may not be looking in the right place

Hola all,

Thanks for the speedy replies.

I just ordered my luggage tags (thanks for the info) and have all green check marks for online check in. Nowhere in my travel documents does it say which port we are cruising out of in Istanbul, it just says Istanbul.

Having been there last year we assumed (I know "ass") the same port and booked accommodations near the port. I followed the Chris Cruises blog these past couple of weeks and he pointed out that they cruised out of a different area.

Any idea where I might find the port information? I just may not be looking in the right place

In May we were on the Constellation, and the Journey was right behind us.

Our Pier Name/Address was: Yolcu Salonu (Karakoy 5/6). Of course, I can't comment if that is the usual pier location.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reminder! I'm on Journey 30th July, checked last week via the website and still didn't have the edocs tab and luggage tags available. I've just checked again and they are there so I've ordered the tags. You can get to it via the online check in page. It's usually about six weeks before the cruise so it's late this time. Hopefully yours will pop up soon too. I can't help on the port directions because we sail out of Athens into Istanbul so just have port directions for Piraeus.

Phil

we are on the same cruise and have checked in online, but as yet we have not received flight docs, either paper or electronically. Have you received anything ?

Also, I have tried to log in to my reservation today but have been unable to do so

we are on the same cruise and have checked in online, but as yet we have not received flight docs, either paper or electronically. Have you received anything ?

Also, I have tried to log in to my reservation today but have been unable to do so

Hi Scottie. Yes, I've had flight details since I booked. You need to check this out with you travel agent or Azamara if booked directly. We are out and back on BA from Heathrow direct, but it's a group booking so I have been unable to check in for the flight online as I usually do. We will do this and get assigned seats at the airport.

I've had no issues logging in online today via the "check in online" link on the Az site. The edocs at that link show the flight details. Hope you get it sorted and that I'll see you on the ship!

Phil

Hi Scottie. Yes, I've had flight details since I booked. You need to check this out with you travel agent or Azamara if booked directly. We are out and back on BA from Heathrow direct, but it's a group booking so I have been unable to check in for the flight online as I usually do. We will do this and get assigned seats at the airport.

I've had no issues logging in online today via the "check in online" link on the Az site. The edocs at that link show the flight details. Hope you get it sorted and that I'll see you on the ship!

Phil

We were given flight times when we booked but were told these would have to be confirmed nearer the time. As it stands, We are coming down from Edinburgh to catch the 12.50 to Athens

We were given flight times when we booked but were told these would have to be confirmed nearer the time. As it stands, We are coming down from Edinburgh to catch the 12.50 to Athens

We come in on the day (which makes me a bit nervous) and have a 6:45am flight from Heathrow arriving just after midday. Early start!

I'd definitely check it out. Got a hotel named?

Phil

We come in on the day (which makes me a bit nervous) and have a 6:45am flight from Heathrow arriving just after midday. Early start!

I'd definitely check it out. Got a hotel named?

Phil

Yes, the Hilton, same hotel as our Azamara cruise last year from Athens to Rome

On the same cruise. However we got Azamara to log the flight against our bank executive club numbers which means we were able to pre book seats on the flights. At a cost though as its greater than 24 hours before the flights.

We had our electronic notification last week and just got a call from the ta asking if we wanted a paid upgrade so I guess its not sold out.

Hola!

We've booked our flights separately and coming in a few days prior to the cruise (so I can't comment on flight things). I was able to log in online today and order luggage tags but couldn't find where our ship leaves in Istanbul for the life of me.

I guess I will give Azamara a call and find out where we are.

Thanks again everybody for the posts.

If you go to the home page of Azamara cruises you can find a page which gives you information on what do do before you embark. There is a link to our ports. I clicked on Istanbul, we are on the 6th of August cruise, here I found the port address and directions from various places in Istanbul i.e. The airport.

Sorry I don't know how to do a link.

We have completed online check in.

We received luggage tags for one of our cabins on Thursday, less than a week after ordering but have still to receive the ones for the second cabin.

Do most people ask their travel agent or Azamara direct to send the travel documents/booklet?

I have spent this afternoon trying to down load the booklet unfortunately I am struggling therefore I have stopped and will try again tomorrow.

Any hints would be wonderful.