Parking at the Port of Galveston question

We are leaving out of Galveston in Dec for the first time. My question is do I need to prepay or will there be enough parking spots for everyone. We like to park at the port so please no other parking options. We have always sailed out of Port Canaveral and they have enough spots so we don't pre pay.

Dec 13 on the Liberty of the Seas--First time on Royal

Thank you

We are leaving out of Galveston in Dec for the first time. My question is do I need to prepay or will there be enough parking spots for everyone. We like to park at the port so please no other parking options. We have always sailed out of Port Canaveral and they have enough spots so we don't pre pay.

Thank you

We use lighthouse parking. It is better to make reservation and pre-pay for a covered spot. They are very friendly and will take you and your luggage to the ship. They are always there when we get off and will handle your luggage.

I have always used the port of Galveston parking. Plenty of space and adequate shuttles. Only suggestion is drop luggage at cruise terminal and then park. Easier to get shuttle back to terminal.

Is that covered parking?

Port of Galveston parking is not covered parking. I used it the first time we took a cruise out of there but never again because of the hassle of using the shuttles to drop your car and again when picking up your car.

Port of Galveston parking is not covered parking. I used it the first time we took a cruise out of there but never again because of the hassle of using the shuttles to drop your car and again when picking up your car.

Thank You! We usually use EZ Cruise Parking but thought covered parking may be better for a September cruise.

Make a reservation and prepay.

I also use Park and Cruise cause I want indoor parking and I walk to the ship and don't have to wait for a shuttle.

Ditto, on several cruises. Why would you not want to? With in walking distances, enclosed parking, safe & secure. Just do it...

+1 for Lighthouse

We just finished a cruise in June and used Lighthouse for the first time.

They have covered and open parking with shuttle service.

Also, they said they take competitor's coupons so I got lucky and found a promo code via google that saved a few bucks a day on parking.

We're going on December 6th! We've sailed a number of times out of Galveston and have always made parking reservations in advance online and prepaid. It's not all that much and you get a discount by booking and paying in advance. And you don't have to worry about the parking lot maybe being already filled up.

Several times we've used a parking lot just opposite the terminal. TYou can walk to the terminal and not have to take a shuttle. They have both indoor and outdoor parking. Indoor, of course, costs more. Can't remember the name, but Google it and you'll see it.

The December 6th weekend is the annual Dickens on the Strand weekend. It's a big Christmas festival in Galveston and well worth your time if you're coming in a day early for the cruise.

Park and Cruise. I book covered in advance at a small discount. Walk across the street. Tip a porter for disembarking and he takes luggage to the car.

I live in Texas and will not leave my car uncovered in the summer sun for a week, let alone at the salty, windy coast.

Question about EZ Parking and Park and Cruise: Are they both within walking distance of the cruise terminal? This is our first time out of Galveston, and I'm unsure about where to park.

Galveston Park & Cruise is. It is just right across the street from the cruise terminal. I believe that EZ is also ... just more of a walk. You can Google both places and look at the maps of where they are.

Question about EZ Parking and Park and Cruise: Are they both within walking distance of the cruise terminal? This is our first time out of Galveston, and I'm unsure about where to park.

EZ Cruise is 2-3 blocks of walking...it's one block away from the ship as the crow flies :) We were planning to drop off luggage and park and walk and reverse on pickup (send hubby to get the car) but when we saw how close it was and the weather was good, we walked with luggage both ways - easy breezy.

Ditto, on several cruises. Why would you not want to? With in walking distances, enclosed parking, safe & secure. Just do it...

This was regarding Park and Cruise that's indoors and you walk to the port... We don't do that because when my Mom is cruising with me and we're 2 women on our own, we can't really manage our luggage and I don't want the hassle of going through the line to drop Mom and luggage off while I go park. In addition to the hassle of spending time going through the line, it separates us and we have to meet back up and Mom really isn't confident enough on her own.

We use Lighthouse parking and have used them many times before and just booked for a future cruise.

Thank you

I understand only wanting a quick answer to your question; many are trying to give reasons why they never park at the port parking. I'm going to jump in on this one as well.

Have never parked at Port Canaveral, so have no idea how their parking system works. What's tough at Galveston is they only allow the driver to go into the parking lot, and then catch a shuttle back to the car. Upon return, that area becomes a huge bottleneck with everyone wanting to get to their car on the soonest shuttle.

Due to a couple of times of using Galveston's port parking and the extreme hassle, we have used other options throughout the years of cruising out of Galveston. We've used EZ cruise, Lighthouse, and Park and Cruise. Our favorite is Park and Cruise due to our car being protected with indoor parking.

Hope along the way of this thread you will receive the answer to your question if you decide the port parking is your option of choice.