Need help - balcony questions

bindy1

We are looking to book a family cruise next year on the Magic out of PC. We are trying to decide between a suite and 2 balcony cabins. Cruising are myself, DH, DD-16, and DS-18. There does not seem to be a big difference in price between the different options. And if DH and myself are booked in different cabins, he can get Cheers. I usually have one DOD and bring my own wine with dinner, so Cheers just does not work for me.

So here are my questions-----

1. With the aft wrap cabins and the premium (large) balcony cabins that are next door, does that partition open to make one big balcony?

2. With the premium (large) balcony cabins and the standard balcony cabins next door, do those partitions open?

3. For the cove balcony cabins that are actually connecting rooms, do the partitions open the “right” direction? Or would we need to book 2 cove balcony cabins that are just next door to each other? And does this theory apply to other standard balcony cabins as well?

Thank you in advance for your help! We have cruised many times in a balcony and cove balcony cabins but I have never paid that much attention other than I know the partitions open. :)

With the large balconies, some of the partitions do open. I can't remember where but someone has a list of balconies with partitions that open. I would suspect this is the case with other balconies such as the aft wrap too.

With internal connected cove balconies, the door to the balcony is on the same side of the room as the connecting door, therefore opening the partition will block access to one balcony from the cabin. EM

• 2 weeks later...

Taylors, just change the ship name to breeze & you can check those cabins.

Bindy, we always got 2 cabins when we traveled with our kids. That way we had 2 separate bathrooms. We put the 3 kids next door to us. That way we had some privacy, but still could keep tabs on the kids. First time they were 10, 15, 18.