shorts in PG?

nuekruizer

We have always seen plenty shorts in QG at breakfast and lunch, on warm weather cruises, so my husband wore them too. He did, however, wear them with nice short sleeve linen shirts and not baggy T-shirts.

Why not have a word with the Maitre d' if you are unsure, or see what others are wearing and take your cue from them?

Cunard's advice on this is a bit vague

During the day

Casual shirts, shorts, trousers and beachwear are ideal. The main restaurants require a casual wear dress code for breakfast and lunch, however you may wear shorts in either the Kings Court (Queen Mary 2) or Lido Restaurant (Queen Victoria & Queen Elizabeth).

https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/dress_code

But they don't say what the daytime "casual wear" dress code actually is.

Taken from a brochure

''On board, during the day, you'll probably find yourself most comfortable in stylish casual wear. including shorts and smart jeans. Swimming costumes, micro shorts, sarongs and gym wear should be reserved for the poolside, on deck or in the spa and fitness centre. We request swimwear be covered up before entering any enclosed areas.''

That to me is quite clear. Keep your gym kit for the gym/deck work outs, swimwear covered up inside, leave your Daisy Dukes in the cabin at meal times during the day and yes, shorts can and are worn 'in the Grills', with polo shirts and tees, breakfast and lunch time, especially when it's hot outside.

Other than those specifics, reasonably pleasing [i use that term as we can't all be stylish ALL the time] casual wear, rules OK during the day before 6pm.

Is it appropriate to wear shorts in PG restaurant during breakfast and / or lunch.? or do you wear "smart casual" only? I know that you dress up for dinner.

Breakfast & lunch, I've seen many pax in shorts in the Grills(or Britannia as well)Mostly the shorts were fairly dressy & not the "cargo" type.

Taken from a brochure

''On board, during the day, you'll probably find yourself most comfortable in stylish casual wear. including shorts and smart jeans. Swimming costumes, micro shorts, sarongs and gym wear should be reserved for the poolside, on deck or in the spa and fitness centre. We request swimwear be covered up before entering any enclosed areas.''

That to me is quite clear. Keep your gym kit for the gym/deck work outs, swimwear covered up inside, leave your Daisy Dukes in the cabin at meal times during the day and yes, shorts can and are worn 'in the Grills', with polo shirts and tees, breakfast and lunch time, especially when it's hot outside.

Other than those specifics, reasonably pleasing [i use that term as we can't all be stylish ALL the time] casual wear, rules OK during the day before 6pm.

Hmmmm.. 350+lb wearing Daisy Duke shorts & a tied off halter top.Seen it once. Had to quickly leave the store as the hysterics were about to overtake me. This was in a Walmart in Florida while visiting my retired parents 25 years ago. As fresh in my mind, as a scream in the night.

Cunard's advice on this is a bit vague

During the day

Casual shirts, shorts, trousers and beachwear are ideal. The main restaurants require a casual wear dress code for breakfast and lunch, however you may wear shorts in either the Kings Court (Queen Mary 2) or Lido Restaurant (Queen Victoria & Queen Elizabeth).

https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/dress_code

But they don't say what the daytime "casual wear" dress code actually is.

True that always was vague. We usually always wore shorts at breakfast & sometimes khakis at lunch(mostly on sea days).

Hmmmm.. 350+lb wearing Daisy Duke shorts & a tied off halter top.Seen it once. Had to quickly leave the store as the hysterics were about to overtake me. This was in a Walmart in Florida while visiting my retired parents 25 years ago. As fresh in my mind, as a scream in the night.

In that case, maybe the DDs should be left in the suitcase for the duration, never mind the cabin at mealtimes!:D

Thanks all. Fortunately, I dont own any "daisy duke" shorts at my age and weight! I'll stick to white shorts or flood pants and a nice top then, unless told otherwise. I'm busy packing already for my trip in 3 weeks on QM2!