Just off Dream today

Tooncamp

All in all a good time. I found my cruise on the Dream last September was much more enjoyable. The reason was way too many kids on the ship but we took our teenage grandson so we had to go during the summer. Every hot tub was full of young kids jumping in constantly and using it as a swimming pool. The kids were constantly running around slamming the ping pong ball until it whacks the passengers. I was also surprised the adults that wore shorts and T shirts to dinner at night. At night the kids were running up and down the hallway much of the night and yelling.

The ship was wonderful and service excellent. They really had their work cut out for them. Constantly cleaning up pizza off the floor in the lido area. My hubby and I did the spa pass at 299 for the week and that was our relation time. Loved every minute of it there. We had FTTF and it was worth every penny. We were on the ship in 20 minutes and debarkation was a breeze as well. We were in our car on the way home by 6:45 a.m.

We are going on Dream in two weeks. I wouldn't be doing this in summer, but my granddaughter is going with us and the dates work for my son and daughter-in-law as well.

I know there will be a lot of kids and I am hoping that it won't be as you described in that when Dream was in Pt Canaveral my husband and I sailed her 6 times, but never in summer. I am a little worried as this is the first cruise for my daughter-in-law and granddaughter and my son hasn't cruised in 30 years.

T-shirts and shorts to dinner are accepted on Carnival except for elegant night, so I am not concerned about that. I don't ever wear shorts, but I am an old lady and they don't look so great on my body!

My son has FTTF and I just thought with tendering in Belize that would be a good option for the family. I know our cruise is going to be great and I do hope that parents show some respect and watch their kids without allowing them to run wild. I know my family will keep my grand out of trouble because she is so far, at least, a good kid. They aren't ones that think they can take a vacation from parenting as many do.

What time was embarkation? Did you have Your time dining? If so, what time did you go and did you wait a long time? Anything else you can tell us would be appreciated. Thanks for your thoughts.

We got to the port around 10:30 and parked at the port. Down to level 1 then up escalator. No waiting in line for FTTF. We checked in and they were already boarding. Our room was ready 30 minutes later. We were told there were 1000 kids on this cruise. We did have anytime dining. The first night we went down at 7. We were a party of 4 and were given a beeper for a 40 minute wait. After that it wasn't bad. We were pretty much seated right away but we went around 6:15

We got to the port around 10:30 and parked at the port. Down to level 1 then up escalator. No waiting in line for FTTF. We checked in and they were already boarding. Our room was ready 30 minutes later. We were told there were 1000 kids on this cruise. We did have anytime dining. The first night we went down at 7. We were a party of 4 and were given a beeper for a 40 minute wait. After that it wasn't bad. We were pretty much seated right away but we went around 6:15

Thanks so much for the info. Normally, we'd go to dinner about 7 and the first night we are going to the Steak House. We'll see how it works going at that time. I realize on the first elegant night it's really crowded, so we will definitely have a wait as we did when Dream was in Pt Canaveral.

I really think that security should do more to control kids, I realize that "kids will be kids" but it seems that when they get on a ship, some parents seem to think that the rest of the passengers should be their babysitters and can make it very unconfortable for "adult" passengers that also have the right to enjoy their cruise. When kids get out of control and disruptive, security should step in and get them under control. That is the main reason we will not cruise during the summer months.

I'll be on the Dream August 16. I always cruise this month because of my Teacher schedule, and the fact that I have kids. This will be my first cruise where I am not taking my kids with me. I noticed that some parents take their kids on cruises and let the ship watch them.

I am in a Balcony on level 2. How were the lines and how was chair hogging?

The spa pass was for a couple. There were several steam rooms, a relaxation room, and a huge thalassotherapy pool. I also used the shower in there as well. We were on lido deck. My husband loved it and felt it was worth the money.

The lines were long but not unbearable. The longest line was for Mongolian wok every day. As far as chair hogs, they were there. In fact there were towels with beach bags and books and that particular morning it rained. I had to laugh because their stuff got soaked and after eating breakfast they still were nowhere to be found.