what is the - Return flight time

DaydreamAlaska

Hello all I just booked the Millennium from Seward to Vancouver, now looking for flights fly back to home from Vancouver. I read the ship get back on Friday morning before 8am, what is a realistic expectation to leave the boat and get to airport? thanks

Edited by DaydreamAlaska

It's between 8-9 miles from Canada Place to the airport and you're going through downtown Vancouver to get there. A noon flight is very possible, assuming everything goes VERY well in exiting the ship. Also, there will be a HUGE line waiting for a taxi, so definitely have airport transfers from the ship. It should be about a 20-30 minute trip from the port, but odds are it'll be a bit longer.

With that said, you can try for a flight no earlier than 11AM, but I personally wouldn't. Noon or later would definitely be on the safe side of things.

When we flew out of Vancouver, we left the next day. It was far easier and cheaper, even with the overnight hotel stay and additional food costs! The airlines know when the cruise ships come in! ;)

Edited by Kevin T Brown