Regent Seven Seas-NOT worth the $$$!!!

DJinLA

Sorry if I've gone off-topic, I promise I'll stop after this!

Monaliza (or however you spell it) was still doing Don Vito's on Navigator in something like 2007 I think, not sure about Jerry.

Jerry Vasi is correct -- Google his name and you'll find links to YouTube videos of some of his act. The guy who accompanied him was not Roberto, at least on the two Diamond cruises I saw him; it was Danilo (Danilo Galli, I believe). .../QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken, Roberto was the name of the CD or assistant CD on Diamond. There were a pair of guys, it was all very chummy when we were on Diamond in 2004.

Roberto was the host of the more casual dining area on the Diamond (cannot remember the day time name). He definitely accompanied Jerry, although since crew members rotate, Danilo probably also did.

Roberto was one of my very favorite Regent staff, and when the Diamond was sold, he moved to the Navigator for a time. He was from Rome, and I remember him well because he was so wonderful to my two children, who are loyal Regent cruisers. Our family spent two weeks on the Diamond in 2004, one of our favorite Regent cruises. The Diamond will always be my favorite ship.

Folks,

Please don't take this wrong, but this thread has longed served its usefulness in addressing the OP's legitimate issues.

It now goes on for pages with off-topic remarks about old dining venues, etc.

Ironically, most of these subsequent posts are quite positive about Regent, but only serve to keep the first post that visitors to this forum see bannering that Regent is no good. I believe from many years of watching this board and our personal experiences with many, many Regent cruises not to be the general opinion of Regent here.

Let it die and start new threads if you want to discuss other topics than the OP's issues. Please.

Totally agree with you. It has gone way off topic and is getting boring. Maybe this is why I haven't been back to Regent for a couple of years, passengers are far more complaining and moaning than when I did my first cruise with them. I also feel that the service has declined from earlier days.

There is a positive Regent thread that has "almost" stayed on topic. As mentioned previously, just about all threads wander a bit. This one is very interesting for Radisson/Regent old-timers but I can understand that it is boring to some posters. I personally do not believe that the service on Regent has declined but agree that there is more complaining about it than there was previously.

One point that is continually made about Regent is the increased prices and the expectation that things should be the same or better than before. In our lives, everything is more expensive than it was a few years ago and I cannot think of a single thing that is better than it used to be - it just costs more. It does seem possible that Regent (and other cruise lines) are having more difficulty filing their ships this year....... more "promotions" than we have seen before, etc.

In terms of threads, when I see a subject that I'm not interested in or has gone wildly off topic, I just stop reading them.

Where in the U.S. do you plan to visit?

Hi Jackie,

We have a trip to Disney World planned for November. Yes, I know it's not exactly representative of the US in general! We have found, however, like irishwitchy (love the name!!) that things are a bit sped up across the water. I don't have a huge appetite (in one go) and generally like some time between courses to be able for the dessert I really don't need :p. :D I like the idea that the staff will accommodate individual preferences. Personally, I feel that if the starter/appetiser is brought out in a timely fashion, and my drinks remain full, delays after that only add to the meal (as long as I have nowhere to be, in which case I'd alert the server). :)

Hi Jackie,

We have a trip to Disney World planned for November. Yes, I know it's not exactly representative of the US in general! We have found, however, like irishwitchy (love the name!!) that things are a bit sped up across the water. I don't have a huge appetite (in one go) and generally like some time between courses to be able for the dessert I really don't need :p. :D I like the idea that the staff will accommodate individual preferences. Personally, I feel that if the starter/appetiser is brought out in a timely fashion, and my drinks remain full, delays after that only add to the meal (as long as I have nowhere to be, in which case I'd alert the server). :)

Hi,

I enjoy everything Disney! My daughter worked for Disney for 13 years and I was raised in Los Angeles so we went to Disneyland all the time. Hope you have a great time. We just received an offer to extend our November cruise and are seriously thinking about it. Being home between Thanksgiving and Christmas isn't pleasant (too many people shopping, etc.) This cruise gets us back 2 days before Christmas. Not sure what we will do yet.

Agree with you about dining in a leisurely fashion. Hope to have dinner with you onboard the Explorer (it seems so very far away but our November, 2015 cruise was booked almost 2 years ago). I think you and my DH would have lots to talk about:)

There is a positive Regent thread that has "almost" stayed on topic. As mentioned previously, just about all threads wander a bit. This one is very interesting for Radisson/Regent old-timers but I can understand that it is boring to some posters. I personally do not believe that the service on Regent has declined but agree that there is more complaining about it than there was previously.

In terms of threads, when I see a subject that I'm not interested in or has gone wildly off topic, I just stop reading them.

There are a couple significant problems with off topic threads. Searching becomes more difficult because "stuff" gets hidden in unrelated thread titles.

And if one is really interested in the original thread then you have to keep going back to look at new posts because, believe it or not, some threads go back on topic.

A thread on how things used to be would be interesting to many people, but so is a thread on whether or not Regent is now worth the money that passengers pay. My preference is for posts that stay more or less on topic rather than rambling off to new (or old) themes.

There are a couple significant problems with off topic threads. Searching becomes more difficult because "stuff" gets hidden in unrelated thread titles.

And if one is really interested in the original thread then you have to keep going back to look at new posts because, believe it or not, some threads go back on topic.

A thread on how things used to be would be interesting to many people, but so is a thread on whether or not Regent is now worth the money that passengers pay. My preference is for posts that stay more or less on topic rather than rambling off to new (or old) themes.

Agree with you. This is why I posted (post #98 or 99) "It's nice looking back at how things used to be on Regent. Perhaps this subject is worth a new thread. It isn't about being off topic but rather giving people that may not want to read a thread with a negative subject the opportunity to read about how Regent was -- a generally positive topic. "

Most of the time threads do not purposely go off topic. On this thread there was a discussion of how long it takes to dine - how busy the staff is, etc. This led to a poster that had not cruised on Regent since Sette Mari was introduced and she wanted to know more about the dining venue. This led to reminiscing. If I had more to say on the subject, I would have started a new thread myself but have to admit that I was enjoying looking back at Don Vito's.

I also agree that the subject of this thread was well covered prior to it going astray.

• 5 months later...
Travelcat2 You are right about adding the minutes. They do it all the time either that or make an adjustment. I just could not believe what I was told.

We are experience Princess cruisers also. Since we have cruise suites, we found ourselves closer to elite status. We love princess, but wanted to try cruise lines supposedly give high end service. We were thinking seriously taking a RSSC to Europe, now I'm not sure. No cruise line is perfect, but I haven't had the problems that we have been reading about. We have had minor problems with OBC, and Internet, but they were always taken care of on the ship.

We are experience Princess cruisers also. Since we have cruise suites, we found ourselves closer to elite status. We love princess, but wanted to try cruise lines supposedly give high end service. We were thinking seriously taking a RSSC to Europe, now I'm not sure. No cruise line is perfect, but I haven't had the problems that we have been reading about. We have had minor problems with OBC, and Internet, but they were always taken care of on the ship.

As you know, this thread is several of months old and is very long. Are you looking for new information regarding OBC's and the internet on Regent? Regarding the internet, as a new thread that was started today indicated, Regent is going to have unlimited free internet for everyone beginning around this summer (after they upgrade the internet on their ships). Up until this point, there have been difficulties with the internet in some places in the world (not fixable when you are on the ship). In other places, the internet is just fine. I am not aware of any OBC issues with Regent..

If you have questions regarding Regent, please start a new thread and you will receives answers fairly quickly. It has been my experience that older threads tend to get confused with current issues.

Welcome to the Regent board - hope you decide to try Regent -- it is a wonderful cruise line:)