Tips, Hints and secret's

hugger

I got cold chills reading your post, about being limited on shoes. The horror! I am heavily into pretty sandals, so my shoe collection is thin, light, and plentiful. I bring walking shoes, but always the thin light models, two pairs of heels, and lots of cute sandals.

We were also liveaboard boaters in Alaska for 20 years so I have learned to live the light and fast life. Extra-Tufs and tennis shoes then and that's all that was needed. Now hard aground in Az. so it's sandals, flips and walking shoes. And pedicures of course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey! Welcome to Cruise Critic, from a kindred spirit re shoes!:)

I got cold chills reading your post, about being limited on shoes. The horror! I am heavily into pretty sandals, so my shoe collection is thin, light, and plentiful. I bring walking shoes, but always the thin light models, two pairs of heels, and lots of cute sandals.

We were also liveaboard boaters in Alaska for 20 years so I have learned to live the light and fast life. Extra-Tufs and tennis shoes then and that's all that was needed. Now hard aground in Az. so it's sandals, flips and walking shoes. And pedicures of course.

Foggy Bay, we are also hard aground in Florida.. Just realized that this is your first post, so let me also welcome you to Cruise Critic & another welcome to our group of "Shoe Diva's" .. As you can see we tend to discuss very important subjects here such as shoes & pedicures...:):) LOL

Next week is our 39th anniversary & just today DH asked why "I paint my toenails".. Don't think he realizes that I must have the pedicures (in addition to manicures) to go with my various sandals.. Mom always said a lady should have clean & neat under things as well as pretty shoes..:)

Unfortunately, I weakened & told my Friends DH, that I would try to keep the shoes to a minimum, but already have 6 pairs of just sandals on the list.. However, those 6 pairs of sandals are lighter than DH's 2 pairs of shoes w/socks.. Will do without the gold or silver flats & certainly could get away with one pair of "Easy Spirit" light weight walking shoes though.. Don't wear tennis shoes.. After having my hip operation I can no longer wear heels higher than an inch, so will try to keep it down to 7 pairs plus the ones I'm wearing..

If anyone happens to meet DH &/or my Friends DH, please refrain from mentioning my shoes..;) They already think I'm a bit nutty about shoes...;)

Edited by serendipity1499

Haha! Thank you all for the welcome!

I agree...what's said here should stay here and mum's the word with the DH's. My birthday is the same as Imelda Marcos (much later), so I was born under "The Day of the Shoe." It's not my fault.

You misinterpreted my post. I have more shoes than Imelda Marcos. Need has nothing to do with it. I just want them. That is what I meant. Speaking for fellow shoeaholics.

Let's unite! Glad I'm not alone..:)

From now on, Sapper, Lizzie, Foggy Bay, Cow Princess, Chefestelle, Hugger, Poconut, Serendipity1499 & other posters who love shoes shall be known as the "Shoe Diva's ".. :D:D Welcome to the club!

Any one who wants to join, please add your CC name to our list! Dues are "$0.00" except for the cost of your shoes..

Thanks to everyone for all the tips on what to pack for your cruise.. The doorbell is really unique & I'm sure to be able to fit it into DH's shoes..LOL

Edited by serendipity1499

Serendipity1499, I love the idea of a "Shoe Divas" club. :D Confession time: I've just discovered that a shoe store I knew and loved (back before we moved to the back of beyond) now sells online. Guess who has ordered 7 pairs of handmade-in-Italy leather shoes? Go on.... guess :D

I'm in. I actually have more shoes than Imelda too. I love shoes. I want shoes. I have shoes. I'm Foggy Bay, and I like shoes. (Channeling self help groups...but yeah...I don't want help.)

I'm in. I actually have more shoes than Imelda too. I love shoes. I want shoes. I have shoes. I'm Foggy Bay, and I like shoes. (Channeling self help groups...but yeah...I don't want help.)

When I sold my last house, all the realtors referred to it as "Imelda's house" ;) :eek:

When I sold my last house, all the realtors referred to it as "Imelda's house" ;) :eek:

When we moved onto our boat, years ago, we had a garage sale. When I was temporarily gone, my husband grabbed and sold my pair of lizard cowboy boots for a dollar. I've literally never gotten over it. (30 years later.) (I bring this up because the cruise we have booked at Christmas is our 30th anniversary trip. Sans boots of course.)

Serendipity1499, I love the idea of a "Shoe Divas" club. :D Confession time: I've just discovered that a shoe store I knew and loved (back before we moved to the back of beyond) now sells online. Guess who has ordered 7 pairs of handmade-in-Italy leather shoes? Go on.... guess :D

Oh My...You should be Pres. of the Shoe Diva's club..I love it.. :):D

I only order max. 2-3 pair at a time.. Have three pair of sandals in my car, which I ordered on line two weeks ago.. They were on sale, but taking them back as don't fit well.. Instead I ordered two pair more expensive but nicer ones which fit well..

When we moved onto our boat, years ago, we had a garage sale. When I was temporarily gone, my husband grabbed and sold my pair of lizard cowboy boots for a dollar. I've literally never gotten over it. (30 years later.) (I bring this up because the cruise we have booked at Christmas is our 30th anniversary trip. Sans boots of course.)

I am both shocked and impressed that you are still married :eek: ;) :D You must be a very forgiving person!

Love it!!!

When we moved onto our boat, years ago, we had a garage sale. When I was temporarily gone, my husband grabbed and sold my pair of lizard cowboy boots for a dollar. I've literally never gotten over it. (30 years later.) (I bring this up because the cruise we have booked at Christmas is our 30th anniversary trip. Sans boots of course.)..

I think he is a very lucky man to still be celebrating his 30th Anniversary with you.. I would have either killed him ;);) or made him buy me a new pair of boots, if he sold my lizard cowboy boots! :eek::eek:

Hi, my name is Paula and I am a shoeaholic! I've struggled to get down to 9 pair for our up coming 20 day. Please add my name to The Shoe Divas Club. I love, need, and must have shoes. Lots of shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Hi, my name is Paula and I am a shoeaholic! I've struggled to get down to 9 pair for our up coming 20 day. Please add my name to The Shoe Divas Club. I love, need, and must have shoes. Lots of shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Hi Paula! LOL...

Love it!!!

I think he is a very lucky man to still be celebrating his 30th Anniversary with you.. I would have either killed him ;);) or made him buy me a new pair of boots, if he sold my lizard cowboy boots! :eek::eek:

We were newlyweds...I forgave, but clearly never forgot. I can still see those boots...those BOOTS!!! WAAAAAH!!!

Any time I've used tap water, or even filtered water, rather than actual distilled water, my allergies have staged a revolt to rival Napoleon and friends! We're talking eyes swollen mostly shut, totally stuffed up nose, and subsequent coughing & sore throat from mouth breathing, in addition to the CPAP not working since I was breathing through my mouth.

Since the water on board is distilled seawater - made to be potable, but not necessarily free from all impurities (which is just fine for drinking) - I'm not comfortable taking that chance. ESPECIALLY since I've been given to understand that they can confine you to your quarters if you show symptoms of illness!

I think I'll call the Access & Compliance department about it in the morning, and if they say I CAN bring the unsealed, small bottles, I'll have them send it to me in writing. Then, if I get a hassle about it, I'll have that to show, and if they don't let it on, I'll pitch a bitch until they give me some for free to replace it.

If they confirm it has to be the original, sealed container, I think what I may do is put the gallon of water in a grocery bag hung on my scooter instead of in a suitcase, and then do some additional paring down of other non-essential items so I can just have the one suitcase and small carry on.

Talking about options more has given me more ideas, as usual, so thanks!

I always use distilled water in my CPAP, and if you don't want to lug it on board you can request a gallon for your stateroom - If I recall they charged $4 for it :)

Welcome to the "Shoe Diva's" Club Paula..9 Pair is just about right for a 20 day cruise.. I normally take 8 or 9 pair.on our longer cruises...

I must confess that on our 68 day cruise I actually took 11 pairs of shoes & wore them all.. Was able to wear heels at that time, but have not worn heels lately, so not sure if I still could wear them..:confused: But I will NOT throw them out, even if it's just to look at them..

BTW is that a little pincher I see for your avatar?

Welcome to the "Shoe Diva's" Club Paula..9 Pair is just about right for a 20 day cruise.. I normally take 8 or 9 pair.on our longer cruises...

I must confess that on our 68 day cruise I actually took 11 pairs of shoes & wore them all.. Was able to wear heels at that time, but have not worn heels lately, so not sure if I still could wear them..:confused: But I will NOT throw them out, even if it's just to look at them..

BTW is that a little pincher I see for your avatar?

Throwing them out is not an option, I have moved those 4 inch (what was I thinking) heels into the closet of one of the spare bedrooms! Occasionally try them on only to find I get no farther than the bedroom door. Oh well! Actually my avatar is my Rottie, Dash.

Edited by CP50
left out comma

From now on, Sapper, Lizzie, Foggy Bay, Cow Princess, Chefestelle, Hugger, Poconut, Serendipity1499 & other posters who love shoes shall be known as the "Shoe Diva's ".. :D:D Welcome to the club!

Any one who wants to join, please add your CC name to our list! Dues are "$0.00" except for the cost of your shoes..

Thanks to everyone for all the tips on what to pack for your cruise.. The doorbell is really unique & I'm sure to be able to fit it into DH's shoes..LOL

Yay! Shoe Divas! I love it!

I'm definitely in - I've paid my dues over and over.....:D:D

I think you're missing out on a great opportunity for your "shoe fund". just think.. Y'all could pool the dues, put it into one of those holiday CD accounts, and go nuts on boxing day! ;) :p

In other news, y'all need HELP! LOL. (Yes, I know.. You only need help picking out fabulous shoes.)

I always use distilled water in my CPAP, and if you don't want to lug it on board you can request a gallon for your stateroom - If I recall they charged $4 for it :)

No way in Hades am I paying $4 for a 79 cent jug of water, especially when I don't even have to pay that for them, and have several gallons that were free to me at home. I realise it's "only" $4, but for one, I'm very poor (this cruise is an amazing opportunity for me, but normally something that would be completely out of reach) and $4 will buy a nice coffee drink.

More importantly, however, I'm 1/2 Scottish. This means that I am genetically incapable of paying that much more than normal retail for something. Just paying discounted retail without haggling is a stretch for "my people" LOL!

I don't have to pay for extra baggage or weight, so, if HAL won't let me on with my little bottles, they'll just have to deal with the gallon jug. I don't need to put it in a suitcase if everything else will fit into just one.

Yes, I am a card carrying member (that would be my Visa card) of the Shoe Diva s club. If I live to be 100, I will never wear out all the shoes I own. Confession: I bought one new pair today. Personally, I could do a one week cruise with just one basic black dress - and a dozen pairs of cute shoes to go with it!