Cab for 5 people from FLL

Host Jacquelyn

We will be flying into FLL and staying at one of the airport hotels pre-cruise, 2 adults and 3 kids. Will there be cabs for 5 readily available at FLL or will I need to reserve ahead of time? I think a cab company would be hesitant to take a reservation for 2 miles. I know the other other option is just to take 2 cabs.

There are a few larger cab styles... small suv's and also vans. But if the wait is too long or too many suitcases, I'd just do two cabs. An airport area hotel will run $10.00 tops.

No don't prrebook anything.

There will be vans and depending on how much luggage you have it may or may not work.

Don't reserve because they won't go with that to get from airport to hotel.

Worst is you take two cabs as you mentioned.

Keith

We will be flying into FLL and staying at one of the airport hotels pre-cruise, 2 adults and 3 kids. Will there be cabs for 5 readily available at FLL or will I need to reserve ahead of time? I think a cab company would be hesitant to take a reservation for 2 miles. I know the other other option is just to take 2 cabs.

The cabs line up outside baggage claim. You shouldn't have any trouble finding one that is a mini van or something to take you all.

Use hotel shuttle, many near airport have free ones. Also minivan taxis are common so not an issue if you just get in line.

Let the front desk call for our cab - they will know which company is reliable. SUV & van cabs are the same fare as standard cabs. For hotel to port you might also look into Uber. Have a great cruise! :)

Thanks, everyone! Hotel shuttle is $9 per person, so $45 for the group! 2 cabs would be a better option if we cannot fit into one.

Five should be able to fit into a van cab. I have done it too. When you get in the taxi line just tell the guy you need a van.