Is it possible to transfer from the ship to a tender boat?

Generally speaking the policy for most cruise lines regarding tendering with a walker, rollator or cane is that the person must be able to ascend/descend steps to board and exit the tender. Mobility scooters and motorized wheelchairs are prohibited unless the tender has roll-on capabilities. A collapsible/foldable wheelchair is allowed provided the individual has some mobility to ascend/descend step to/from to board the tender.

If you list the tendered ports on your itinerary and ship name more specific information may be able to be provided.

Which port?

The only tender port on the West Coast (that I know of) that can accommodate a scooter/motorized wheelchair is to Catalina Island thru Carnival.

The four day cruises out of Long Beach (Los Angeles) have a contract on the older Catalina Ferries. 270 & 400 pax capacity with ramps.

The only one I know on the East coast is Half Moon Cay, which has it's own large tenders (two). But if two ships are there, one has to use it's own tenders. At Princess Cays they roll aboard two wheelchairs and lashed them down, but they were child sized with severely handicapped kids. EM

Which port?

The only tender port on the West Coast (that I know of) that can accommodate a scooter/motorized wheelchair is to Catalina Island thru Carnival.

The four day cruises out of Long Beach (Los Angeles) have a contract on the older Catalina Ferries. 270 & 400 pax capacity with ramps.

The only one I know on the East coast is Half Moon Cay, which has it's own large tenders (two). But if two ships are there, one has to use it's own tenders. At Princess Cays they roll aboard two wheelchairs and lashed them down, but they were child sized with severely handicapped kids. EM

In addition to what you both have posted Grand Caymans Department of Tourism provides a roll-on tender for that port that many cruise lines (not all) use instead of their own tenders. Additionally Coco Cay provides roll-on tenders.

I must be very lucky because I've never been denied access to a tender and I've cruised quite a bit. It must depend mostly on the cruise line policy and the ports. It also largely depends on your equipment and your level of disability. I use a go-go elite traveler plus scooter and have driven on tenders for most of my recent cruises in the Caribbean. On the very few tenders that I couldn't do that on, the crew helped me to step down into the tender and they lifted my scooter up and put it on.

I cruise mostly on Royal and Celebrity.

I agree that it depends on the cruise line. But I have found and experienced that higher end line, like Azamara and Seabourn, will actually have crew members lift the wheelchair into the tender and secure it. My mother has travelled in uer chair for many years, and we have never had issue with any tenders on any of the ships we have sailed. (Although tendering is the exception to our experience with most ports.)