METAL WALLS??? This storage option is GENIUS!!!

roberooski

Wow! THANK YOU!!! I have been on many cruises and NEVER EVER thought to keep items in the pockets! When we travel on land vacations, we stay in timeshares and have plenty of room and dont use the over the door hangers. I only use them for cruising. I have four cruises booked and will keep some things in the pockets beginning wih my September DCL cruise.

Thank you.

Psst, over the door hangers are not allowed on DCL doors, something about the metal hooks damages the finish on their doors. Fines have been mentioned. There are workarounds, such as hanging them from hooks or from a coat hanger on a hook.

I'm a fan of the over the door racks too. Everyone isn't. They think it's about space. :rolleyes: Not for me, like you said if about being organized.

Great for those small items, and I don't unpack every pocket from trip to trip. Some things stay, ready for the next trip/cruise.

Especially for people like the OP who is traveling with teenage girls!

I'd also suggest some clothes pins to hang wet things from the shower cord. Take less space that way.

Our cabin on the Sunshine did have metal walls.

When we are in a cabin that has an upper bunk we use the ladder to hang wet clothes on. We rinse them out in the shower. Ring them out. We put the ladder against the wall with a towel or two under it and hang wet bating suites on the steps.

For us the door rack didn’t work well. We found it really wasn’t needed.

We bring clothes pins also for the shower rack.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

DW HAS BEEN USING THE MAGNETS FOR SEVERAL YEARS to hold calendars,

maps schedules etc. they're great for ease of keeping track of daily MDR dress code for supper and dining in specialty restaurants.

FASCINATION has NON metallic BULKHEADS..........generally the newer ships do not have metal, but it depends what shipyard they were built in.

SEA YA

My toiletry bag stays packed. I just unfold it and hang it from the end of the towel rack. I don't want/need an over-the-door shoe bag because I hang my bathrobe and nightie on those hooks. Hanging the bathrobes on the bathroom door frees up more hangers in the closet.

Travel size bottles of shampoo/conditioner, moisturizer, body lotion, etc all fit in the pockets of the toiletry bag. Even when I drive to port, I don't take full-size bottles of anything.

Except wine, of course! :p

Now, my makeup takes up most of the bathroom shelves. I use the mineral makeup and have all these little pots of different things. :o Hair styling products go in a vanity drawer.

I did 14 nights RT to Hawaii on HAL with a cousin and her friend in an OV cabin that was probably slightly more sq ft than a Carnival IS. The three of us did just fine in that cabin without any extras to store or hang our stuff. We didn't even do laundry and each brought 2 bags and a carry-on. And we dressed for dinner every night. And we had 4 formal nights.

Me thinks y'all are just bringing too much stuff! ;)

I am fascinated as to how many people don't "dry off" before heading back to their cabins! Totally fascinating! I take a dip, rinse off..and sit in the sun until my suit is only damp, at best! So many freak out about "wet suits"...we've never had that problem!

I was not referring to a wet swim suit but to a wetsuit. We cruise in the winter months and use them when we snorkel.

I do like the idea about clothes pins! Thanks

Also good use of clothes pins is to 'hang' a few of them along the bottom of the shower curtain so it doesn't 'attack' you when showering :D:D