10 Days to go and no documents ...

We are sailing in 10 days and still have not received our travel documents, is it ok to show up at the port ( Baltimore ) with the sail pass from online & our ID's :confused:

Jennifer

That's all you really need anyway plus your birth ceryificates of course. Go to royalcaribbean.com, then to before you board and then online check in. The documents are for the most part a lot of legal mumbo jumbo. Print out everything online and bring with you.

If you booked through a TA, you need to call them ASAP to see where your docs are, or if you booked through RCI call them.

For my January cruise, I didn't receive my docs because there was a mistake in my booking. It was finally fixed but only the night before the cruise.

Don't assume that you can just show up at the pier without your docs, unless RCI told you that you could do pier pickup on your docs.

We once had this problem. Turned out a coupon we used showed as a balance due, not a credit. Call your TA or RCCL as soon as possible. You don't need you docs to board, but you do need to find out what is wrong with your booking, if anything.

In our case it wasn't much of a problem but a fellow Cruise Critic on our sailing had the same exact problem. He was booked in a gty and ended up on deck two, poor location because his room was never assigned because he was never showed as "paid in full".

Bobbie

We once had this problem. Turned out a coupon we used showed as a balance due, not a credit. Call your TA or RCCL as soon as possible. You don't need you docs to board, but you do need to find out what is wrong with your booking, if anything.

In our case it wasn't much of a problem but a fellow Cruise Critic on our sailing had the same exact problem. He was booked in a gty and ended up on deck two, poor location because his room was never assigned because he was never showed as "paid in full".

Bobbie

This was the problem with my reservation as well. My account was supposedly showing with a $54 balance due, even though I paid in full when I booked so it was a mistake with their computer system. What made mine worse was that because of their computer system showing I hadn't made full payment, they hadn't booked my airline tickets either.

Everyone in our group for our cruise had received their docs with the exception of one couple. 2 weeks went by and I had the TA check into it. Turns out there was a balance of 11.59 still on their account that RCI couldn't eplain. The charge was removed and the e-docs were issued. You do need your cruise docs to check in.

Actually I believe you need to be on the manifest and have proper ID.

We have done pier pick up for docs, e-docks, and paper docs. With pier pick up, you have no docs issued. So, yes you can cruise with "documents".

The main thing is to have proper ID and your cruise paid in full.

Bobbie

Actually I believe you need to be on the manifest and have proper ID.

We have done pier pick up for docs, e-docks, and paper docs. With pier pick up, you have no docs issued. So, yes you can cruise with "documents".

The main thing is to have proper ID and your cruise paid in full.

Bobbie

But the thing about pier pickup is it needs to be prearranged.

As all of us have said, if the OP hasn't received their docs yet, they need to call either their TA or RCI and make sure there isn't a problem.

Archived