transport in Copenhagen

The last time we landed in Copenhagen, we used a car service. I may have been showing off to the wife.

Are there plenty of taxis at the Copenhagen cruise Port?

I don't want a situation like our experience in Amsterdam: 5 porters for 2000 passengers and taxis only 3 at a time.

Glenn:cool:

Do you know where you are docking? if it's at Oceankaj, it's way out in the boonies. I didn't see too many taxis but there were HOHO busses, 3 or 4 of them, local bus and the cruise shuttle, $18pp. Also, I guess it depends on where you are going. Are you just going to the city on a day tour or are you going to the airport at the end of your cruise? if the latter is the case, you won't want the HOHO bus.

Got a chuckle out of you showing off to your wife. Aren't you the nice guy!

Do you know where you are docking? if it's at Oceankaj, it's way out in the boonies. I didn't see too many taxis but there were HOHO busses, 3 or 4 of them, local bus and the cruise shuttle, $18pp. Also, I guess it depends on where you are going. Are you just going to the city on a day tour or are you going to the airport at the end of your cruise? if the latter is the case, you won't want the HOHO bus.

Got a chuckle out of you showing off to your wife. Aren't you the nice guy!

Hi, can you tell me what cruise shuttle is that for $18. I am so stressed out worrying how long i have to wait in line for a taxi for 5 of us disembarking from Regal Princess on August 20, 2015. I like to book one if I can. Where can I book the shuttle? Thanks!

This was Celebrity Eclipse. Shuttle was provided by them and I believe tickets were bought on board.Perhaps you do not have to worry. You might be docked at Langaliniekaj which is very close to the city and the trains.

Edited by TeaBag

This was Celebrity Eclipse. Shuttle was provided by them and I believe tickets were bought on board.Perhaps you do not have to worry. You might be docked at Langaliniekaj which is very close to the city and the trains.

We are supposed to dock at Oceankaj and the transfer for Princess can only be bought if you booked the hotel with Princess and it will cost US $44. Yours is so cheap compared to Princess. Did you book the hotel with them?

Sorry, I see now that you are scheduled to dock at Oceankaj as we were. This is way out in the boonies. Since it is a disembarking situation, I'm sure there will be lots of taxis. Does Princess let you do express disembarking? That is, carry your own luggage off without help. We do this all the time and find it the best way to get off the ship quickly. I think the taxi may be pricey.. You could take the taxi to the train station and go to the airport from there.

We are typing at the same time. I tried to edit my original post but CC said time was expired. No, we did not stay at a hotel because this was just the first stop on our cruise and we returned to Southampton. Our shuttle was just to the city, so maybe that is why it looked cheap. If you take a taxi to Osterport station, you could take the train to the airport from there (you may have to change trains). How early is your flight?

On a more pleasant side, you are in for a great cruise. St P blew us away. I wish I were going again in August! Ours was a 15 day beginning May 30.

As simple as it is, if everybody did express disembarkation, the elevators would be a nightmare. So even though I agree, it's easier, I do regular as a courtesy, unless there is a good reason above & beyond just that.

We are typing at the same time. I tried to edit my original post but CC said time was expired. No, we did not stay at a hotel because this was just the first stop on our cruise and we returned to Southampton. Our shuttle was just to the city, so maybe that is why it looked cheap. If you take a taxi to Osterport station, you could take the train to the airport from there (you may have to change trains). How early is your flight?

On a more pleasant side, you are in for a great cruise. St P blew us away. I wish I were going again in August! Ours was a 15 day beginning May 30.

I am not going to the airport, will be staying at Avenue Hotel for an additional night.