The price for my cabin just went down 200 Euros - anything I can do?

23words

Hi guys!

I'm almost a newbie when it comes to cruising and I have to idea what to do ... I booked a solo cruise on the Jade (Aug. 29) about two weeks ago and I just saw that the price for my inside cabin is now 200 Euros lower than when I booked.

I haven't made final payment and haven't cancelled and rebooked before, so I guess my question is what I can do to get the lower price? Call NCL Germany and ask nicely?

Hi guys!

I'm almost a newbie when it comes to cruising and I have to idea what to do ... I booked a solo cruise on the Jade (Aug. 29) about two weeks ago and I just saw that the price for my inside cabin is now 200 Euros lower than when I booked.

I haven't made final payment and haven't cancelled and rebooked before, so I guess my question is what I can do to get the lower price? Call NCL Germany and ask nicely?

Since you haven't made final payment yet, I would definitely give them a call.

But remember that booking terms in Europe are very different from US terms that are usually discussed here - that is why I don't ever book through the German office.

Thanks for the heads up ... I just read up a little about cancellation on ncl.de ... they would ask for 10% of the price as of now, but doing that and rebooking would still give me a better deal. ugh, i should have waited.

Thanks for the heads up ... I just read up a little about cancellation on ncl.de ... they would ask for 10% of the price as of now, but doing that and rebooking would still give me a better deal. ugh, i should have waited.

Ask to be upgraded to a higher level cabin. Look at what the cabins are going for at the price you paid, ask to be put in one of those.

For example: From inside to Ocean View or higher.

Hi I think I might be on same cruise as you. My outside window cabin also went down I asked my ta to ring and she managed to get me a mid ship balcony cabin on deck 10 for just £40 more and I get to keep my free ubp and my $200 free obc.

I had her ring every time I saw a price drop but they were still quoting a lot but this time it worked .

I'm from uk and I booked with uk ta.

Thank you everyone for your advice!

I called them this morning and the guy I talked to told me he couldn't do anything, I would have to email guest relations, which I did. Got back an auto reply saying it could take them up to 28 days to respond.

So I decided to try the hotline again and got patched through to a very nice lady who told me it wouldn't be a problem to book a different kind of inside cabin. She immediately did that for me and now I have an inside midship guarantee ... the rebooking "cost" me 50 euros, but I still ended up with 220 euros less than before :) Again, thanks everyone for the suggestions!

@asda: We are on the same cruise :) I'm really glad that worked out for you, balcony cabins are always nice! On ncl.de only the inside cabins really dropped in price, I wouldn't have minded to move up to an oceanview cabin, but I'm travelling alone and it's just not worth that much more money. Maybe I should consider using a TA next time, I guess they are better at negotiating.