Diamond plus - Concierge Lounge

Not exactly true

Most of the fleet have a Diamond lounge AND a Concierge lounge and D+ can go to the CL as well. Oasis and Allure only have the one lounge

Also Chef's Table on Allure is still on Deck 12 of the lounge. We saw a group being brought in and taken up there when we were on Allure last month.

Your wrong about Chef's Table. On Oasis it is on deck 17. We have seen it there on two cruises this year. Allure just came out of drydock. As when Oasis came out of drydock, not all of the changes were complete for a few months. I have not been on Allure recently, but the Diamond concierge told us that Allure would have the exact same changes as Oasis.

As far as your two different lounge comment, on Oasis and Allure it is on two different levels (deck 11 & deck 12). Exact same service as most of the fleet.

In my opinion, with the change to the Oasis and Allure Concierge Lounge into the Diamond Lounge, the only thing different is no breakfast or lunch from a very limited menu. And that breakfast and lunch was never available in the other C & D lounges across the fleet. Royal has simply standardized their C & D lounges in their fleet.

Yes I know it was moved I was talking about re naming it and not allowing D+ In and I believe it is on 11 and 12 not 10.

Well, if you know that, then you should explain it right. The CL's name was changed to DL, and the Suite Lounge was added. It's not the same thing. Since you can identify the correct location, then you should be capable of explaining what happened correctly.

The CL was not re-named the Suite Lounge- the Suite Lounge was added (replaced most of an bar area), and that NEW lounge excluded admission of D+ members.

Of all the ships to do it, the ones were there are a bunch of $10k suites makes the most sense, IMHO. If I were to drop $10,000 pp on a cabin, I certainly would expect some unique services.

Our experience has been that the time Meal with an Officer is held depends on the ship. On Liberty last month we had a wonderful breakfast. We've also had lunch on some ships and dinner on others.

And on the Brilliance cruise to Baltic earlier this month it was not even offered.

Your wrong about Chef's Table. On Oasis it is on deck 17. We have seen it there on two cruises this year. Allure just came out of drydock. As when Oasis came out of drydock, not all of the changes were complete for a few months. I have not been on Allure recently, but the Diamond concierge told us that Allure would have the exact same changes as Oasis.

I was not referring to Oasis, I specifically referred to Allure, which I cruised on last month and was sitting in the lounge when a party was brought in and taken up to Deck 12 to do Chef's table. Whatever the Diamond concierge told you I can only relate what I witnessed

As far as your two different lounge comment, on Oasis and Allure it is on two different levels (deck 11 & deck 12). Exact same service as most of the fleet.

I was referring to 2 different lounges - not 2 different floors i.e. (virtually) every other ship has a separate Concierge Lounge and Diamond lounge, both of which D+ members can attend - even the newest class has separate lounges. Oasis class is the only one which combines both lounges

In my opinion, with the change to the Oasis and Allure Concierge Lounge into the Diamond Lounge, the only thing different is no breakfast or lunch from a very limited menu. And that breakfast and lunch was never available in the other C & D lounges across the fleet. Royal has simply standardized their C & D lounges in their fleet.

Please see comments above as you seem to have misunderstood

Whilst it's true that the set up is standardised (i.e. no cooked lunch and breakfast now available in the lounge on Oasis class) the experience hasn't been standardised in that all the other ships have 2 lounges which can be visited by D+ members, a CONCIERGE lounge (not specifically a suite lounge) and a separate Diamond Lounge.

If I can get my free drinks in a nice lounge atmosphere I'm quite happy :)

Edited by Bobal

The sl does not exclude anyone. D+ are more than welcome if they book a full suite just like first time cruisers.

Good point. :D

Here's one perspective on this- the D+ people still have access to the same area- and the benefits of the area are the same as the are on every other ship.

But the D members got a rather nice promotion in location. (unless you preferred the view on the Royal Promenade- which I know many do)

For some reason, the promotion in location is seen as a demotion of D+ members. Interesting how that is.

...For some reason, the promotion in location is seen as a demotion of D+ members. Interesting how that is.

Acknowledging that this may not be considered a big deal to many, D+ did lose the made-to-order breakfast and lunch on Oasis class. I realize they did not have that perk on other classes, but on Oasis class, that was a take-away.

Acknowledging that this may not be considered a big deal to many, D+ did lose the made-to-order breakfast and lunch on Oasis class. I realize they did not have that perk on other classes, but on Oasis class, that was a take-away.

Agreed- but it was a very unique benefit to get- rather unexpected when we first did it. For us- we only took advantage of it twice of the 14 nights we sailed on the class as D+ members. I wonder how utilized it was used- for everyone, not just D+ members?

Agreed- but it was a very unique benefit to get- rather unexpected when we first did it. For us- we only took advantage of it twice of the 14 nights we sailed on the class as D+ members. I wonder how utilized it was used- for everyone, not just D+ members?

We did not use the lunch much, but we did utilize the breakfast. It was a nice, quiet place to have a full service breakfast.

And don't forget the wine that was available at lunch.

Here's one perspective on this- the D+ people still have access to the same area- and the benefits of the area are the same as the are on every other ship.

But the D members got a rather nice promotion in location. (unless you preferred the view on the Royal Promenade- which I know many do)

For some reason, the promotion in location is seen as a demotion of D+ members. Interesting how that is.

Its a mindset on CC. I rarely run into stuff like this on the ship.

Please see comments above as you seem to have misunderstood

Whilst it's true that the set up is standardised (i.e. no cooked lunch and breakfast now available in the lounge on Oasis class) the experience hasn't been standardised in that all the other ships have 2 lounges which can be visited by D+ members, a CONCIERGE lounge (not specifically a suite lounge) and a separate Diamond Lounge.

If I can get my free drinks in a nice lounge atmosphere I'm quite happy :)

What?

OK, let's call deck 11 the D+ Lounge and deck 12 Lounge the D Lounge, and both levels accept D+ passengers. Does that fix it for you?

Well, if you know that, then you should explain it right. The CL's name was changed to DL, and the Suite Lounge was added. It's not the same thing. Since you can identify the correct location, then you should be capable of explaining what happened correctly.

The CL was not re-named the Suite Lounge- the Suite Lounge was added (replaced most of an bar area), and that NEW lounge excluded admission of D+ members.

Of all the ships to do it, the ones were there are a bunch of $10k suites makes the most sense, IMHO. If I were to drop $10,000 pp on a cabin, I certainly would expect some unique services.

Sorry I guess your just so much better than me explaining these changes and losses for you D+ members. You knew exactly what I meant you just had to dissect and critique every little word in my comment cause your angry. Next time get the deck right it's 11 and 12 not 10.

What?

OK, let's call deck 11 the D+ Lounge and deck 12 Lounge the D Lounge, and both levels accept D+ passengers. Does that fix it for you?

Hahahaha :D Feel free to call them what you want - and nothing needed to be fixed for me, as I said I'm happy to get my free drinks in any of the nice lounges or any other bar using my vouchers.

I guess you just can't understand the point I was making ;)

Edited by Bobal

Sorry I guess your just so much better than me explaining these changes and losses for you D+ members. You knew exactly what I meant you just had to dissect and critique every little word in my comment cause your angry. Next time get the deck right it's 11 and 12 not 10.

I'm not angry, I'm pointing out that there's a difference in

"The CL changed names to a Suite Lounge, and the diamond plus members were relegated to the diamond lounge"

vs.

"The CL changed names to the Diamond lounge, moving the diamond members up with the D+ members. A separate Suite Lounge was created for them an Pinnacle members".

One sounds like a clear reduction for D+ members, the other is what really happened. If you want to point out that there's a massive reduction in what you get as a D+ - think that the CL is now a Suite Lounge. But that's not what happened.

It's not hard to be clear.

Hahahaha :D Feel free to call them what you want - and nothing needed to be fixed for me, as I said I'm happy to get my free drinks in any of the nice lounges or any other bar using my vouchers.

I guess you just can't understand the point I was making ;)

I understand your point, I just don't agree that you lost anything with the new D+ and D lounge arrangement on Oasis and Allure.

[emoji106]

I'm not angry, I'm pointing out that there's a difference in

"The CL changed names to a Suite Lounge, and the diamond plus members were relegated to the diamond lounge"

vs.

"The CL changed names to the Diamond lounge, moving the diamond members up with the D+ members. A separate Suite Lounge was created for them an Pinnacle members".

One sounds like a clear reduction for D+ members, the other is what really happened. If you want to point out that there's a massive reduction in what you get as a D+ - think that the CL is now a Suite Lounge. But that's not what happened.

It's not hard to be clear.

It is what happened the D + were kicked out of the CL lounge on 2 of the most spectacular ships in the world when it was re named the suite lounge and now you are forced to go to the D lounge and sit with us lowly D people that might have 1,2,300 points less than you do. So I could see why you are nit picking my post and are so very angry. But this is one D you won't have to worry about hanging out with cause I'll be up stairs on deck 17 not (10) I mean 11-12. [emoji41]

We did not use the lunch much, but we did utilize the breakfast. It was a nice, quiet place to have a full service breakfast.

That's what we enjoyed most especially the feel good breakfast. And the view of course! It was also a nice place to have lunch on embarkation day. We did not use it in the evening as it used to be very crowded.

It is what happened the D + were kicked out of the CL lounge on 2 of the most spectacular ships in the world when it was re named the suite lounge and now you are forced to go to the D lounge and sit with us lowly D people that might have 1,2,300 points less than you do. So I could see why you are nit picking my post and are so very angry. But this is one D you won't have to worry about hanging out with cause I'll be up stairs on deck 17 not (10) I mean 11-12. [emoji41]

I still don't understand how you can say that D+ were "kicked" out of the CL. The only thing that has changed is the name of the lounge and the elimination of breakfast and lunch for D+ members.

Diamond Plus Members are still going to be able to use the same exact lounge in the same exact location they have always used on Oasis and Allure and they are also getting to use the second level which was only used for The Chef's Table before the change.

Diamond Members are being added and are really getting a better lounge than they had before which was on Deck 6 with no real views.

Edited by cruisenfever

I still don't understand how you can say that D+ were "kicked" out of the CL. The only thing that has changed is the name of the lounge and the elimination of breakfast and lunch for D+ members.

Diamond Plus Members are still going to be able to use the same exact lounge in the same exact location they have always used on Oasis and Allure and they are also getting to use the second level which was only used for The Chef's Table before the change.

Diamond Members are being added and are really getting a better lounge than they had before which was on Deck 6 with no real views.

No matter what we say you won't change this mindset, but you are 100% correct. Goes back to what I said in post 87

Did anyone see the movie "Office Space"? This whole DL/CL/SL thing is like how they "fired" Milton.

He was supposed to be fired years ago. But due to an accounting glitch, continued getting paid. So one day they just fixed the glitch and let the problem work itself out.

RCI wants to give the suite guests a more exclusive experience than the current CLs, with all the D+ folks hanging about. Especially on their newest and biggest ships.

They learned their lesson the hard way several years ago kicking Diamond guests out. Now they're simply "fixing the glitch" by not putting CLs on some ships.

No past guest benefits denied, the drinks still flow, and most guests couldn't care less. It's actually a pretty impressive piece of passive aggressive maneuvering.

No matter what we say you won't change this mindset, but you are 100% correct. Goes back to what I said in post 87

Agree. I wonder if he was a Diamond Member back on September 1, 2009? If he was then he would know what the meaning of being "kicked" out of the CL would really means!!;)