Disembarkation from Pearl in Seattle

taliho621

We are in no rush to get off the plane, as we are heading over to an airport hotel after we get off the boat (early morning flight the next day). Not used to this, as we almost always do self-carry and get off the boats by 7:30.

I have found a good car service to pick us up at the port and take us the hotel (with 5 of us, it was quite a bit cheaper than using one of the shuttles), but I don't know what time to have them pick us up. I was thinking to get off around 9-9:30 or so, but I have no idea if that is a realistic time, or if we will be forced off earlier (or if it is too early).

Any thoughts as to when we will be able to get off the ship, and what time we should be picked up?

As always, thanks for your assistance.

I would think that time would be reasonable. Though the car service could possibly just have you call them that morning. We are booked with a private shuttle to return to our hotel from Seattle in September. They told us they typically just run every 15-30 minutes. At this point we aren't overly in a rush either as we won't really be able to check into our hotel either, but will want to drop our bags off.

We got off about 915 and it was CHAOS outside. New cruisers were showing up already and a lot of people who just disembarked were trying to steal others taxis.

If I ever leave out of Seattle again I'll definitely get off the boat a little later (they weren't kicking anyone off yet but closed up breakfast) and have our ride pick us up down the street. If you don't mind walking a block or 2 that might be your best (and less frustrating!) bet.

We got off about 915 and it was CHAOS outside. New cruisers were showing up already and a lot of people who just disembarked were trying to steal others taxis.

/QUOTE]

I agree with Kararuth. Smooth disembarkation (although we're glad we waited until the long-line of self-disembarkers left), and extremely smooth customs. Then chaos. No clear lines, no clear signs, nothing clear. I think we accidentally may have jumped into the middle of a line, because the lines were so chaotic. One of the problems is that there's not enough room for the limo line, the taxi line, the buses, etc.

BTW, after you get asked to leave your cabin and are finished with breakfast, the Spinnaker is a great place to wait for your turn to be called. Almost empty, lovely view, and you can hear all the announcements.