Coral cabin questions

velmasue

We are planning to go on Coral Princess in December 2016 for the partial transit of the Panama Canal. It is one of the itineraries on our "bucket list" for cruises. We booked D628, partly because the balcony looks larger and I had read that it was covered (which is important to us). However, the room looks really small in the illustration, but I know these aren't always accurate. Has anyone had this room or a similar room? Does it have a sofa or loveseat? My brother and his wife are thinking of joining us and I was wondering if the balcony partitions open? Also, would another cabin be a better choice for this type of cruise?

Princess was our first cruise--back in '93 and we went on a 14-day cruise about 8 years ago. We have cruised RCCL lately and are Diamond members, but the Sip and Sail promotion and the partial transit has convinced us to try Princess again!

D628 is a balcony and will not have a sofa or a love seat. It just has a chair. The illustration on the princess site is pretty accurate. Not sure about the partition opening.

We only book mini suites since we have 3 in the cabin. They will have a small sofa in them.

We are planning to go on Coral Princess in December 2016 for the partial transit of the Panama Canal. It is one of the itineraries on our "bucket list" for cruises. We booked D628, partly because the balcony looks larger and I had read that it was covered (which is important to us). However, the room looks really small in the illustration, but I know these aren't always accurate. Has anyone had this room or a similar room? Does it have a sofa or loveseat? My brother and his wife are thinking of joining us and I was wondering if the balcony partitions open? Also, would another cabin be a better choice for this type of cruise?

Princess was our first cruise--back in '93 and we went on a 14-day cruise about 8 years ago. We have cruised RCCL lately and are Diamond members, but the Sip and Sail promotion and the partial transit has convinced us to try Princess again!

Mini Suites have a sofa, reg balcony cabins do not. They are not large cabins and the diagram is pretty accurate.

Here is a website that gives you an idea what balconies are covered and which ones are not........

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html