C&A points for Family Cabins

If you book a family cabin (interior, promenade, oceanview, etc) for a 7 day cruise, should that be worth 7 or 14 points?

If the title of the category has the word "suite", then you will get the extra points.

OK, that's what I thought.

I was looking through my cruise history and we've had one of each (a non suite family cabin assigned 7 and one assigned 14 points). Must be a mistake for the cruise that gave us 14 points.

But then I wondered if there might be some kind of dollar threshhold that would trigger the double points so I thought I'd ask.

Maybe they'll audit the account and take it away sometime.

If you have 5 people in a room, one person has to be on their own reservation hence the 14 points instead of 7. Found that glitch after our last cruise. Hubby got 16 where I only got 8 since I had the 3 kids on my reservation.

If you have 5 people in a room, one person has to be on their own reservation hence the 14 points instead of 7. Found that glitch after our last cruise. Hubby got 16 where I only got 8 since I had the 3 kids on my reservation.

Nice to see a glitch in the passenger's favor every once in a while.:)

That must be it, I was the one on my own this past June! Next year's cruise (also a family cabin), it's my daughter who is on her own reservation, so I guess it will be a 7 pointer.

ETA: Oh what a moral struggle - would it be horribly wrong to see if we could switch the names around to get an adult as the lone name on that extra reservation? Just realized we're exactly 14 points from diamond ;-)

Edited by PattyW