Princess BAGS Program

UandMe4Ever

Thank you. Now, does that actually work in practice? :confused:

If anyone has been successful not paying the checked baggage fee, please let us know and what port/airline if you can.

I fly Business Class back to CA from FL and have used EZCheck after all of my cruises (from FL), including trans-Atlantics. Before leaving home, I highlight the Business Class in yellow and circle it on the copy of my e-ticket. On the form, I not only check off "No baggage fee" but I also circle it and put exclamation marks. :)

The staff processing these forms aren't necessarily experienced in airline travel and English is likely not their first language so I never assume they will understand or pick up on whatever they should. It's easy to get mad and say they should but the reality is that they have just a few hours to process all the forms and print the luggage tags and boarding passes. They can't do anything until 24 hours before your flight.

By making it easier for them to identify what's different about the form (no baggage fee), I've never had a problem. Never been charged a baggage fee. Two minutes of preparation probably saved hours of headaches.

I usually fly AA since I use air miles for my long distance flights. :) Never had a problem; my bag always appears at LAX as promised.

We will be on a 5-day Princess cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

Anyone know if they offer EZ Check on such a short cruise?

Thanks

Yes, I took a 5-day cruise a few years back and EZ Check was available. It worked perfectly, much to my amazement.

I fly Business Class back to CA from FL and have used EZCheck after all of my cruises (from FL), including trans-Atlantics. Before leaving home, I highlight the Business Class in yellow and circle it on the copy of my e-ticket. On the form, I not only check off "No baggage fee" but I also circle it and put exclamation marks. :)

The staff processing these forms aren't necessarily experienced in airline travel and English is likely not their first language so I never assume they will understand or pick up on whatever they should. It's easy to get mad and say they should but the reality is that they have just a few hours to process all the forms and print the luggage tags and boarding passes. They can't do anything until 24 hours before your flight.

By making it easier for them to identify what's different about the form (no baggage fee), I've never had a problem. Never been charged a baggage fee. Two minutes of preparation probably saved hours of headaches.

I usually fly AA since I use air miles for my long distance flights. :) Never had a problem; my bag always appears at LAX as promised.

THANK YOU! This is what we were looking for. Will take your advice with the highlighting and circling, and let's hope it works out in January!

Edited by AlaskaGolden