Princess BAGS Program

UandMe4Ever

Hi all, We will be on a repo cruise (NYC - FL. on the Regal Princess. Has anyone recently used the BAGS program on Princess from Florida to Newark? If so, what was the cost p/p?

We used them several years ago and it was great!

If anyone has current information and first hand knowledge about this, would you please reply here.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Safe sails always!

Hi all, We will be on a repo cruise (NYC - FL. on the Regal Princess. Has anyone recently used the BAGS program on Princess from Florida to Newark? If so, what was the cost p/p?

We used them several years ago and it was great!

If anyone has current information and first hand knowledge about this, would you please reply here.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Safe sails always!

It is usually administered by DHL. I have not seen any info from Princess on this for awhile.

If anyone has current information

As always the info is just a click away

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp select 'luggage valet'

Princess Luggage Valet delivers your bags from your home to your stateroom. No more hauling baggage through the airport, no more checking or standing in the crowd at the baggage claim. With Princess Luggage Valet you can enjoy the ultimate in ease and convenience when you travel. Make it a carefree escape with the new Princess Luggage Valet Service.

Princess Luggage Valet Service is provided by DHL Worldwide Express and Federal Express. Domestic and international shipping is available. Rates start as low as $90 US per piece each way for domestic express shipments and $250 US per piece each way for international. Rates are based on shipment size, weight and destination and include limited Shipment Value Protection. Reservations must be secured at least 35 days prior to your sailing date. Domestic shipments are typically scheduled for pick up 7 days prior to the sailing departure date and most international shipments are typically scheduled for pick up 14 days prior to the sailing departure date. Service is also available for post cruise shipping.

Shipments

Shipments are limited to the shipping of luggage containing personal clothing and some sports equipment. Items such as toiletries, cosmetics, medication, vitamins, electronics and jewelry are prohibited. Keep these items in hand baggage and carry them personally. Garment bags are acceptable for shipment of clothing provided they fold in half, remain secured in that position, and resemble a piece of free standing luggage. Examples of sports equipment that are acceptable for shipment would include golf clubs, fishing poles and bicycles. It is the responsibility of the guest to ensure that all sports equipment is packaged appropriately. Sports items must be shipped in an appropriate special-purpose hard sided carrier/container. Note that storage onboard is limited and the shipment of some large shipments of sports equipment, such as bicycles, will be subject to availability.

Restrictions

Individual shipments may not exceed 108 inches per piece for combined length, width and height. Weight may not exceed 150 pounds per piece. Should an individual shipment exceed number of total inches or weight, additional fees will apply and we cannot guarantee timely delivery of shipment. Goods or items purchased during your travels may not be shipped via Princess Luggage Valet as they could be subject to duties and taxes. Any duties and taxes assessed by customs will be billed to you. Items such as cologne, perfume, lighters are prohibited as they are considered combustible. Shipments may not be locked as they are subject to inspection.

For those that have used the service, for International, does DHL hold the luggage till day of departure then deliver it to the ship? Can you track your luggage?

Thanks

Thanks, but this is not the BAGS program I was referring to. This is for "Valet" services. I am referring to the program that when you leave your luggage out the night before debarking, the next time you see it is in your home airport. They also print boarding passes for you. The charge for same goes on your sea pass card and if luggage charges need to be paid, that also goes on the card.Flights must be after 1:00 pm I believe.

Thanks anyway.

I do not believe it can only be used in the USA not international.

Says right in paragraph 2 of the info I copied and pasted that Luggage Valet is available internationally.

EZCheck--the service from the ship to your home airport on disembarkation day--is only available (from Princess) on domestic flights. Is this the service you were asking about in the first place? I certainly couldn't tell from the way your initial question was phrased.

Edited by fishywood

Sorry I contributed to the confusion. But BAGS is the term that some other lines use for their version of what Princess calls.Luggage Valet. (And Luggage Valet is what some lines call their version of EZCheck so confusion reigns supreme unless one is very clear that they are asking about the ship-to-airport disembark day program).

Thanks, but this is not the BAGS program I was referring to. This is for "Valet" services. I am referring to the program that when you leave your luggage out the night before debarking, the next time you see it is in your home airport. They also print boarding passes for you. The charge for same goes on your sea pass card and if luggage charges need to be paid, that also goes on the card.Flights must be after 1:00 pm I believe.
What you are referring to is EZCheck. It's $20/pp (not per bag) and Princess prints out your airline luggage tags and boarding pass. The $20 plus any airline fees are charged to your cruise card. Princess doesn't use the terms BAGS or "sea pass."

Your final destination must be within the US and all flights on the same airline. From FLL, your flight must leave at 11:30am or later; 12:30pm for Miami.

You'll receive a form in your cabin several days before the end of the cruise. Bring a copy of your eticket to include with the form. I think it's limited so get your form in ASAP. You won't receive your luggage tags until late in the day before disembarkation.

6a2b28e834e7cefc24c6fd096d8423fa.jpg

f445d74d46c525e4772031c5f68f22f6.jpg

What you are referring to is EZCheck. It's $20/pp (not per bag) and Princess prints out your airline luggage tags and boarding pass. The $20 plus any airline fees are charged to your cruise card. Princess doesn't use the terms BAGS or "sea pass."

You'll receive a form in your cabin several days before the end of the cruise. Bring a copy of your eticket to include with the form. I think it's limited so get your form in ASAP. You won't receive your luggage tags until late in the day before disembarkation.

6a2b28e834e7cefc24c6fd096d8423fa.jpg

f445d74d46c525e4772031c5f68f22f6.jpg

Thanks Pam, I have been searching for this information. We plan on using Bags VIP on the way to the cruise and thought we would use EZ Check on the way back!

http://www.bagsinc.com/corporate/vip

The older I get the less hassle I seem to tolerate! :eek: It saves hunting up SkyCaps and such, to take care of our luggage.

Just Mike

Sorry I contributed to the confusion. But BAGS is the term that some other lines use for their version of what Princess calls.Luggage Valet. (And Luggage Valet is what some lines call their version of EZCheck so confusion reigns supreme unless one is very clear that they are asking about the ship-to-airport disembark day program).

Informative post. Can you create a sticky with these definitions and more? Might be helpful for newbies.

Can someone who doesn't normally pay a checked bag fee (because of airline mileage status, credit card, etc.), confirm that one isn't charged a check bag fee? Don't mind paying the Princess service fee, but paying the checked bag fee when we normally don't pay these doesn't seem quite right! :rolleyes:

Edited by AlaskaGolden

you would NOT pay for a 'checked bag fee" if you do not have to pay for your checked bags. There might be a form or show proof of no baggage fee on your flight confirmation. Make a copy and provide with the form for the bags program. should be no problem.

Can someone who doesn't normally pay a checked bag fee (because of airline mileage status, credit card, etc.), confirm that one isn't charged a check bag fee? Don't mind paying the Princess service fee, but paying the checked bag fee when we normally don't pay these doesn't seem quite right! :rolleyes:

Look at the form above. It has a place to indicatre if there should be no airline bag fees.

you would NOT pay for a 'checked bag fee" if you do not have to pay for your checked bags. There might be a form or show proof of no baggage fee on your flight confirmation. Make a copy and provide with the form for the bags program. should be no problem.

Thank you. Now, does that actually work in practice? :confused:

If anyone has been successful not paying the checked baggage fee, please let us know and what port/airline if you can.

A few years ago on Princess I filled out the form.

Wrote on it I was flying First Class and no baggage fees would be charged.

When I got my Visa bill, Princess had charged me for two bags.

I got in touch with Princess and sent them my first class information/confirmation and within a week the fee was removed.

I suggested they put that on the form in the future.

A year later, I had the same situation, and the form now had a place to mark that no fees would be due.

Simple. It's on the form now :)

Edited by FoghornLeghorn

Does anyone know if Luggage Express can be used out of FLL after a transatlantic cruise from Southampton?

By the way, we've used Luggage Valet several times, and we've been very happy with the service. It's pricey, but for us it's worth the cost.

Edited by FritzG

Thank you. Now, does that actually work in practice? :confused:

If anyone has been successful not paying the checked baggage fee, please let us know and what port/airline if you can.

On last year's Royal Princess 10 day NYC/FLL, I presented my first class ticket with my EZ Check form to front desk with form, and they ignored it and charged my account.

The Guest Services night manager claimed the airline confirmation asked for the $20, which I believe is based on the data entry by Princess.

It was a pain to have to get the refund from the airline, which could not be done immediately at the airport as Princess said I should do. United said they did not yet have the information/money from Princess about what charged for the bags.

I am considering in the future not bothering with this service, due to the hassle.

Thanks for showing the EZ Form. This is exactly what I was referring to. I didn't know they changed the name...So happy :-) We will have the opportunity to have lunch with a family member for a few hours without having to drag the bags with us....We'll grab a cab to FL airport with our 2 small pieces, they will pick us up there....Way to go...Thanks SO MUCH!

Safe sails.