Rivercruiseline

Trailblazerram

We have never been on a river cruise before so when we saw a Danube Cruise advertised by Rivercruiseline at a good price we decided to try. We paid the final payment in May and have received nothing since. On ringing them to ask for flight details etc they said they only send out the tickets and details of the excursions 7-10 days before we leave. Is this typical? We wanted to know flight details to organise things this end;and times of each city visit to make the most of our time there. Is 7 days prior to the cruise a typical thing? One of the best things I like about cruising is getting to know where we are going and if we will have time to visit places. This seems so last minute!

Hi, this is a firm with that name, they are often quoted on Vision Cruises programme and the ship is the MS Serenity. You can choose to join the ship at Budapest by Eurostar from the UK and coach or fly there. I would just like a little more information from them!

Are you from the UK???? Your profile gives no clue... It would be helpful! I googled this company and it seems to be a UK river company and who knows what is normal as they don't seem to cater to North American passengers. Sorry but please fix your profile

Are you from the UK???? Your profile gives no clue... It would be helpful! I googled this company and it seems to be a UK river company and who knows what is normal as they don't seem to cater to North American passengers. Sorry but please fix your profile

I bet she is from the UK by using the term ring for a phone call.

I bet she is from the UK by using the term ring for a phone call.

That's why it's important to at least put some kind of location in your profile. What would be normal in the UK may not even be possible in the U.S.

I am from the UK. It is now only 7 days to go and no sign of any airplane tickets or details. I am now checking their Atol and ABTA accreditation. I am from the UK! I just cannot recommend this this line to anyone so beware, those of you from the UK

not familiar with the company but can see their website. did you book directly or via an agent?

hope all goes well. we always use an agent but even they can face problems.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-23/passengers-stranded-as-consumers-warned-about-fremantle-travel/6641934

this was an apparently 20 yr. family run company in Fremantle. difficult for passengers some stranded overseas.

if your company said 7-10 days perhaps that's normal for them. good luck.

I am from the UK. It is now only 7 days to go and no sign of any airplane tickets or details. I am now checking their Atol and ABTA accreditation. I am from the UK! I just cannot recommend this this line to anyone so beware, those of you from the UK

Did you buy direct from them or thru a travel agent? Have you called them, and called some more????? As today is Friday I would try calling all day as they won't be open over the week end. Another possibility is to see if their offices are close by and go down there!

Edited by JVilleGal

Hi, good news from the UK! 6 days before the trip we have received our joining instructions, boarding passes and luggage labels! This is obviously the norm but it does stop folk from looking forward to a trip, which is half the enjoyment for me. There have been no messages regarding Danube low water in the joining instructions however! NOW I am looking forward to the cruise and can get packing!

Hi, good news from the UK! 6 days before the trip we have received our joining instructions, boarding passes and luggage labels! This is obviously the norm but it does stop folk from looking forward to a trip, which is half the enjoyment for me. There have been no messages regarding Danube low water in the joining instructions however! NOW I am looking forward to the cruise and can get packing!

I agree that it's nice to have information in advance about trips so you can plan and dream, and 6 days is cutting it a bit close. However, have a great time, and do tell us how it was afterwards.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, we have just got back from our Danube cruise on this line. By the way I am from the UK! The lack of organisation beforehand regarding late tickets and a change of airport were not an indication of the rest of the trip. We were aboard the Serenity and cannot speak more highly of the staff there. We actually went from Budapest to Nuremburg despite the low water with only one change of plan which was an early leave from one port. The trips were well organised with excellent guides and the food great. We are not sure that we will go on river cruise again in the near future but are still open to ideas. The prices of the other cruise lines put us off I am afraid! By the way the weather was really hot which won't help the water level problem in the near future unfortunately Thanks for your help!