Set Sail Pass and Boarding Separately

I completed the check-in and accepted the cruise contract and set up the online accounts on behalf of my husband, two minor children and myself.

The children and I will be boarding separately, before my husband.

Do I just need to print and sign two copies of the Set Sail Pass? Anything else we should be aware of?

Thanks!

I completed the check-in and accepted the cruise contract and set up the online accounts on behalf of my husband, two minor children and myself.

The children and I will be boarding separately, before my husband.

Do I just need to print and sign two copies of the Set Sail Pass? Anything else we should be aware of?

Thanks!

Two copies of the SetSail pass should work fine.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick follow-up on this. While it was easy, it did cause some issues at the first port stop, probably because my husband and son have the same first name. When my husband boarded the ship, there was an issue with his photo that was taken in the terminal, so they retook it on the gangway. But somehow his photo ended up on both his and my son's cards.

This caused an issue when we tried to re-board after our day in St. Maarten. Then, there were issues with the camera which caused us to hold up the line. I could feel the eye daggers being thrown at us from other passengers. Sorry guys!

The camera was mounted upside-down. When they took my son's photo, it was upside down and there was no way to rotate it. It took them about six tries and a manager to figure it out and turn the camera around. In the meantime, my husband had to lift my 70lb son each time because he was too short for the mounted camera to see him. I told my husband he got his weight-lifting workout for the day.

Anyway, a minor issue that we hope to avoid in the future by boarding together.

Edited by cyntil8ing

You can check in online separately so that only one name appears on each Set Sail Pass, satisfying RCI's rule that everybody on the pass has to be present. But we've also just printed two copies and haven't had an issue checking in separately.

Sometimes the check in person will want to see the credit card you are using for onboard charges - if you want those charges to go on one account, it's a good idea to have a spouse/partner card on that account so you can each show it. That slowed DH down for a couple of minutes once - he ended up just using a different card for himself so we had two folios instead of one.

Edited by critterchick

The OP was updating her thread. :)

"I could feel the eye daggers being thrown at us from other passengers. Sorry guys!"

Eh, we so often THINK people are glaring when they generally are not. And if there were issues with your situation, there were likely issues with others as well.