Jewel of the Seas Balcony question???

TTCruiser

I recently booked a Cat. E1 on Jewel of the Seas. The cabin I was assigned is on deck 7 (7040 actually) which is located forward on the port side. My question is: Does anyone know if the view from this balcony looking down is affected by the lifeboats below, or is that more of a problem mid-ship?

Thanks!

We saw that cabin today on the RCCL web site. My friend and I were looking at her for March. On Jewel if I recall, the lifeboats have a covered deck extension above them, so you will see a deck, not the boats as you look down. Maybe someone else can add to that in case I just don't rememember that well since April. We were on deck 9 though in 9050 directly above your cabin area.

TTCruiser - It just so happens I booked 7040 for Oct 31 2006! The E-1 balconies FORWARD look straight down the side of the ship. The E-1 balconies AFT will have obstruction from the life boats (looking down). The E-1 balconies on Deck 7 are even deeper than D1's on Deck 10 & Deck 9 (except for the afts, of course).

If you look at my Radiance pictures you can see what the deal with deck 7 is. http://community.webshots.com/photo/130465609/130465609mCWvUq

For the extended deck 7 balconies you have to love your neighbor. I don't like the security issue either as anyone can jump from balcony to balcony. I am not saying that cruising on deck 7 is dangerous just looking at a theft possibility. Never heard of this happening tho.

Got to learn how to post a picture :(

BonVoyage

Dawna

OK Fine....you're making me feel right at home here....I get the same thing around home:D .....then there's Cujosmom who thinks I didn't amswer the original question correctly, so had to step in and take over and do it right....leave it to a woman:rolleyes: .....then there's Dawna who wants to scare the OP on their choice of cabin;) ......OK, I'll go to my room and be quiet.....Geeeeeez.

If you look at my Radiance pictures you can see what the deal with deck 7 is. http://community.webshots.com/photo/130465609/130465609mCWvUq

For the extended deck 7 balconies you have to love your neighbor. I don't like the security issue either as anyone can jump from balcony to balcony. I am not saying that cruising on deck 7 is dangerous just looking at a theft possibility. Never heard of this happening tho.

Got to learn how to post a picture :(

BonVoyage

Dawna

Hi,

Looking at your album, I think if photo 14 shows the extended balconies of Deck 7 then photo 13 should have been taken from a balcony on deck 8.. am I right?

I have another question, photo 13 shows a ladder or something probably used for cleaning or maintenance that (in my opinion) obstructs the views of some balconies. Which ones are these balconies? Is this ladder fixed, or does it change its position every now and then after being used for whatever reason? The website indicates that only these category E cabins (8162,8164, & 8662) have partially obstructed views. If this was by the ladder, then it should have been a cabin from 8, and one from 9 and one from 10 which are on top of each other.. So, isnt this thing considered obstruction at all? Thanks

OK Fine....you're making me feel right at home here....I get the same thing around home:D .....then there's Cujosmom who thinks I didn't amswer the original question correctly, so had to step in and take over and do it right....leave it to a woman:rolleyes: .....then there's Dawna who wants to scare the OP on their choice of cabin;) ......OK, I'll go to my room and be quiet.....Geeeeeez.

No sweetie you just keep right on going doing battle. You are doing a fine job. Put your foot down and let the folks at home know from time to time too. ;)

No sweetie you just keep right on going doing battle. You are doing a fine job. Put your foot down and let the folks at home know from time to time too. ;)

Oh yea, I know how that works....I keep digging myself in deeper and deeper....then I look around and see all those raised eyebrows.....which clearly says "you dumb @$$".

I believe the ladder is at the end of some davits for a couple of more boats that are on deck 8. I'm not sure that they restrict any views. I would get a brochure from the TA and study the deck plans....they will show which cabins have restricted views. I never book without checking out deck plans, including what is above and below any cabin I am considering.

then there's Dawna who wants to scare the OP on their choice of cabin;) ......OK, I'll go to my room and be quiet.....Geeeeeez.

Geeez is right. I was not trying to SCARE anyone just give them a true view of what everyone is talking about. A picture is worth a thousand words, just tryin to help.

The ladder looking thing moves up and down the ship to wash balcony glass. If you look at one of the side views of the ship you can see it about 5 cabins forward from the hump and about 15 cabins aft of the hump. Not sure where they are stored when not in use but think it is all the way forward to the expended balconies on deck 7 around 7650 and all the way aft.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/124463493/130462242sRpwzu

BonVoyage

Dawna

Hi,

Looking at your album, I think if photo 14 shows the extended balconies of Deck 7 then photo 13 should have been taken from a balcony on deck 8.. am I right?

I have another question, photo 13 shows a ladder or something probably used for cleaning or maintenance that (in my opinion) obstructs the views of some balconies. Which ones are these balconies? Is this ladder fixed, or does it change its position every now and then after being used for whatever reason? The website indicates that only these category E cabins (8162,8164, & 8662) have partially obstructed views. If this was by the ladder, then it should have been a cabin from 8, and one from 9 and one from 10 which are on top of each other.. So, isnt this thing considered obstruction at all? Thanks

Picture is taken from 8088 looking forward. I agree that the obstructed listed in the brochure are referring to this ladder contraption. Brochure also list 9652 & 9252 as well as 1598 &1098. Funny doesn't list obstruction on deck 7 below all of these. Ladder moves up & down ship while in port when they are cleaning balcony glass.

Dawna

Archived