First Time Norwegian- NCL Sky Question.

Jayme159

Hello All,

My sister and I sail away on out first NCL cruise next month! (Eek so excited!) We are trying to plan out our schedules as to what night we are eating in each restaurant. I am having a difficult time finding current MDR menus for both dining rooms for all the nights on the 4 night itinerary.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello All,

My sister and I sail away on out first NCL cruise next month! (Eek so excited!) We are trying to plan out our schedules as to what night we are eating in each restaurant. I am having a difficult time finding current MDR menus for both dining rooms for all the nights on the 4 night itinerary.

Generally both main dining rooms have similar if not the same menu's and they have the "always available" selections choices at the MDR's. I find that if I don't over plan the cruise, I have more fun. I say book a specialty restaurant if you want to try those otherwise there are places to eat all over the ship. Go and have fun. The surprises of a cruise (good or bad) make for some good memories.

Hello All,

There are menus around on CC, but probably not current. Based on what I saw in May, there is enough variety to satisfy most palates. The menu is divided between classics and specials. The classics repeat daily and the specials change. You will find seafood, red meat, poultry and pasta. If you try to plan in advance, you'll miss out on the ever-changing specials or be disappointed that one you saw on an old menu isn't available.

I'm a light eater and I found the portions to be sufficent. If you like larger portions, you may have to order 2 appetizers or 2 desserts or supplement your meal with a second dinner from the buffet. :D

We did not eat in both MDRs, just the one at the rear of the ship, but I understood the menus to be similar. Decor, I believe is different and you may prefer one over the other based on how crowded it is (or isn't).

Enjoy your cruise. We loved the Sky.

Thank you for the responses.

I saw a dish in a photo thread and I wanted to see when and where it was served. It was a creamy bacon spaghetti dish.

I don't recall it, but I don't eat creamy anything. We did both have the linguine with clams and liked it. The pasta was al dente. Could have used more than 4 clams in the shell, although there were clams in the sauce as well.

Hope another related question is ok....

Do they post the dinner menus outside the two mdr's?

I won't be on the Sky until next month but all the other Norwegian ships I've been on do so I'm sure the Sky does too. (Gem, Jewel, Breakaway, Star & Dawn)

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for the responses.

I saw a dish in a photo thread and I wanted to see when and where it was served. It was a creamy bacon spaghetti dish.

I was on the sun (sister ship of the sky) recently and the bacon carbonara was available on both MDRs every night and it's amazing!

We were on the Sky in June, both MDRs had the same menu every night. The menus were posted outside the restaurant and you can view them during the day. We mainly ate at the MDRs and was very happy with the food.

We preferred Crossings instead of Palace. Mainly due to the location of the restaurant being closer to our cabin and the service was better.

Yes, I know what dish you are talking about. Can't recall the name but my DD had it 2x and loved it. She loves bacon. LOL.