Kids on Cunard?

Sophistikatie

I am on a cruise at the end of August on the QV with my partner and our three year old girl. From participation on the Cunard Facebook pages and these forums, I get the impression that children might not be very well tolerated. I have heard opinions about how children shouldn't be at second sitting in the Britannia etc. Would love to hear from people who have experienced Cunard and their thoughts about children aboard. Thanks!

No worries....the folks on boards are more outspoken than the general public. While it's true that late seating has fewer kids, there's a reason...it's generally too late for younger kids to wait to eat! They are not prohibited at all...so there.

I haven't been on Cunard, but I imagine there will be plenty of people friendly to your child. Reading these boards there is often an ugly attitude about children, but both cruises we took our lo on, people loved her. She was 2 & 3 years old on them. Other passengers remembered her name and spoke to her, it was like traveling with a celebrity. ;) The staff was also fantastic. Just be respectful of others and you'll all be just fine. Have a great time!

Thanks - that is reassuring! I was beginning to get a bit apprehensive as to how we would be treated! I am not one of these parents who sits back while their children misbehaves (I would be too embarrassed!) so I hope people wont mind her. On holidays she often stays up late with us so I hope we wont be getting disapproving looks! Thanks for the reassurance :)

Thanks Hattie! I have actually read that thread and it was useful but more regarding older children and QM2. I have no worries regarding the children's club as it looks great, its more the ship in general I am worried about! Thanks though :)

Thanks Hattie I will do! I love hearing first hand experiences - it really helps! Also if anyone has the programmes from the Kids Zone on the QV please share! I saw one on another thread yesterday from QM2 and it was great to see to get an idea. Also any photos of the Play Zone - they seem to be quite scarce!