5 night Spanish cruise 31 October 2015

Have you considered booking cruise only and arranging your own flights and transfers? The cruise only price is just £325 - OK that is £30 more than we paid 2 days ago but it is for a deck 5/6 outside whereas ours is a 6/7 inside. I am sure you could get a flight and transfers for less than £198 (easy bus ride back to Malaga airport for just 3 euros - bus stop is only 5 minutes walk from the port entrance).

I have just looked at Ryanair and they have flights from Birmingham to Palma going the day before the cruise for £22.99 and flights back from Malaga to Birmingham on the 5th November for £67.46 - total of £90.45. Even allowing for transfers you would be able to have a night in Palma to extend your holiday and still save money.

Forgot to add that the hotel we stay at pre-cruise in Palma - the one that has the webcam over the port - has Half Board availability for the 30th October for just £56 booking through TravelRepublic. Lovely terrace where you can sit and watch the ships come in and out.

ResortHoppa have shuttle bus transfers from Palma airport to the hotel for £3.36 per person using discount code HOPSEP. Frequent buses run from Malaga to the airport for 3 Euros (£2.20) per person - bus goes just 5 minutes walk from the port gates.

Total price (flights, hotel, transfers and cruise) for 2 people = £898.02 or £449.01 per person, a saving of £74 per person on the £523 Thomson price plus you get an extra nights holiday.

Edited by campolady

Thank you so much Campolady for all that comprehensive information, but we have now booked to go to Bridlington! (Bit of a difference!).

I must admit I'm not keen on the idea of buying the component parts of a holiday separately- I like to turn up at the airport and let someone organise me lol.But I admire those who do.

Thank you so much Campolady for all that comprehensive information, but we have now booked to go to Bridlington! (Bit of a difference!).

I must admit I'm not keen on the idea of buying the component parts of a holiday separately- I like to turn up at the airport and let someone organise me lol.But I admire those who do.

We have had some very good times at Bridlington - and some great Seafood too. Have a great trip.

Hi flopsy let me know if you want to come over to scarborough as we own two nice statics that we rent out one is a three bedroom- with central heating and double glazing it also has a full bath it is the end of the season soon but if you want a quite break any time let me know - if you look in the gardens on the front at Brid you will see a sign for the chap that was Laurence of Arabia he was stationed at Brid also don't miss skirlington market on sundays we used to own a big cafe there before my arthritis got bad now we live in filey

Crikey Ska man you are living in my favourite place (though how do you cope with cargate hill with arthritis). I love Filey in all seasons. Skirlington market is superb I go often- when I'm up there.Which site are your caravans on? I'm off to Barmston a week on Monday for a few days- but your caravans sound great.

Crikey Ska man you are living in my favourite place (though how do you cope with cargate hill with arthritis). I love Filey in all seasons. Skirlington market is superb I go often- when I'm up there.Which site are your caravans on? I'm off to Barmston a week on Monday for a few days- but your caravans sound great.

Hi flopsy we are on the blue dolphin haven site when you go to Barmston get in touch you are only 15 mins away and we will show you around if you want to look -there is a fellow who sits in the park at the bottom of cargate hill he always drinks windowlean - you cannot miss him he always has a sparkle in his eye -sorry

Hi flopsy we are on the blue dolphin haven site when you go to Barmston get in touch you are only 15 mins away and we will show you around if you want to look -there is a fellow who sits in the park at the bottom of cargate hill he always drinks windowlean - you cannot miss him he always has a sparkle in his eye -sorry

Ska man I don't know how to get in touch-I have sent you a friend request but had no response from you.

Have you got a website for your holiday rentals?

Ska man I don't know how to get in touch-I have sent you a friend request but had no response from you.

Have you got a website for your holiday rentals?

Hi flopsy sorry for not replying but only just got home from venice the website is

ukcaravans4hire.com/to-let-userid2564.html

How do I acsess the friend request ?

Been looking at this for ages and finally booked yesterday for hubby and i at the Thomson shop as it was cheaper than in line. Total cruise price £598 for and outside plus deck 5/6. Amazing price

See you on board - am sure we will all have a ball.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...