5 night Spanish cruise 31 October 2015

This morning we booked one way flights to Palma - just 19 Euros (€14 UK) each! Will arrive on Thursday 29th October and will have a couple of nights in Mallorca (Santa Ponsa as we did pre-Dream in late June this year); don't need return flights as we will get the bus from Malaga back home. We will be closely watching the cruise only prices for the next week or so and, if it doesn't drop in price by then/goes up or if availability becomes limited, we will book as we have definitely decided we are going to be on this 5 nighter.

This will be our last chance to sail on the Dream as there are no flights from Malaga to Greece (for Summer 2016). Next year it sill be Spirit from Malaga.

Hi flopsy we met last year same cruise there was a party of 16 I thought we had a formal night as we have some fantastic pictures we are looking forward to this cruise again

Hi there Ska man

So you are off on this one again! I hope you get into Cartegena this time. I don't recall a formal night- but we don't go to them anyway.I just can't remember any dressed up people parading about! Formal night is usually on the sea day so everyone has chance to get to the beauty salon lol. As there was no sea day I believe that there was no formal do. But your photos may prove me wrong?

Flopsy

Hi there Ska man

So you are off on this one again! I hope you get into Cartegena this time. I don't recall a formal night- but we don't go to them anyway.I just can't remember any dressed up people parading about! Formal night is usually on the sea day so everyone has chance to get to the beauty salon lol. As there was no sea day I believe that there was no formal do. But your photos may prove me wrong?

Flopsy

Have just sent a message to Thomson asking for a definitive answer re. formal night or not on the 5 nighter; have also posted the same question on the Dream FB page. Will post any response if and when I get it.

Edited by campolady

Hi there Ska man

Flopsy

Hope we get to cartagena as we let our friends down who live in the area and had come to meet us they also said other ships were allowed to dock so they were surprised we didn't but I think it was a good call by captain john

Have just had this reply from Thomson

<<Hi Brenda, I can confirm there will be a formal night on your cruise. I hope this clears it up. ^Nicci>>

However someone else has posted on FB that they were told there would only be a formal evening if one day had an early departure scheduled. The earliest according to the itinerary is 5 p.m. from Cartagena - early enough??

Hi Flopsy, just checked cruise news from the 5 nighter last year and there was a formal night the day we missed Cartagena. Maggie

Hi again yes it was down for the day we were in cartagena and I think what they told Brenda should be right hopefully

thats really strange I asked on thomson official facebook page and was told no formal night. We could all do with finding out for sure as I wouldn't like to not have the right clothes for that night.

This morning I have received another email from Thomson:-

Good Morning,

I can confirm there will be a Gala night on board despite the fact this is only a 5 day cruise, The day of the Gala dinner will be confirmed on board the ship.

Kind Regards

Josh Howells

TUI UK

Edited by campolady

This morning I have received another email from Thomson:-

Good Morning,

I can confirm there will be a Gala night on board despite the fact this is only a 5 day cruise, The day of the Gala dinner will be confirmed on board the ship.

Kind Regards

Josh Howells

TUI UK

Thanks . At least we know what to pack now.lol

All booked!!!!!

Took the plunge this morning - £295 cruise only. As we got very cheap one way flights to Palma plus a good deal on accommodation and don't need a return flight the total price for 5 nights cruise plus 2 nights hotel stay pre-cruise in Majorca plus transfers = £695 for the 2 of us. Bargain!

Edited by campolady

All booked!!!!!

Took the plunge this morning - £295 cruise only. As we got very cheap one way flights to Palma plus a good deal on accommodation and don't need a return flight the total price for 5 nights cruise plus 2 nights hotel stay pre-cruise in Majorca plus transfers = £695 for the 2 of us. Bargain!

Well done, Campolady. That is a bargain!! And this cruise "build-up" should be a lot more relaxing than last years. :)

Well done, Campolady. That is a bargain!! And this cruise "build-up" should be a lot more relaxing than last years. :)

Thanks! Can't wait.

Just seen that the cruise is only £358 including return flights from Gatwick - a very good deal.

Thanks to those that contacted Thomson and confirmed the formal night. Will need to pack my blokes tux as he doesn't know he is going on a cruise, just a city break in Europe. Plus a new dress for me I think. Looking forward to it.

Thanks to those that contacted Thomson and confirmed the formal night. Will need to pack my blokes tux as he doesn't know he is going on a cruise, just a city break in Europe. Plus a new dress for me I think. Looking forward to it.

Glad we finally got the formal night information sorted. Wish I could get my husband in a tux - every formal night he dresses the same in a beige jacket, black trousers, white shirt and bow tie; does look smart though. A new dress for me is definitely on the cards lol!

Glad we finally got the formal night information sorted. Wish I could get my husband in a tux - every formal night he dresses the same in a beige jacket, black trousers, white shirt and bow tie; does look smart though. A new dress for me is definitely on the cards lol!

Just looking at photos from last years cruise I always seem to wear waistcoat but not jacket as I always take it off while eating well at least we all know what to pack going to venice on Sunday for 5 days then only four weeks to cruise not long now

All booked!!!!!

Well it would have been rude to say no at that price campo ;):D.

I'm sure you'll both have a great time.

The price for me, from Birmingham, has gone up to £523 !!!!

Have you considered booking cruise only and arranging your own flights and transfers? The cruise only price is just £325 - OK that is £30 more than we paid 2 days ago but it is for a deck 5/6 outside whereas ours is a 6/7 inside. I am sure you could get a flight and transfers for less than £198 (easy bus ride back to Malaga airport for just 3 euros - bus stop is only 5 minutes walk from the port entrance).

I have just looked at Ryanair and they have flights from Birmingham to Palma going the day before the cruise for £22.99 and flights back from Malaga to Birmingham on the 5th November for £67.46 - total of £90.45. Even allowing for transfers you would be able to have a night in Palma to extend your holiday and still save money.

Edited by campolady