Freedom, Oasis or Navigator

I've been on all 3 classes and I would select Oasis! The experience can't be beat! My extended family didn't take our family cruise this year in order for everyone to save extra $$ to go back on the Oasis class. That's how much we loved it. It's usually $500 more a person but to us it's worth it. So if $$ is not a problem definitely give Oasis a try. You will enjoy it. Oasis is a well oiled machine. We like the concept of the different neighborhoods. This keeps the crowd dispersed.

if you have kids then probably Oasis, if not then either of the other two. I wasn't too keen on the Allure, though we had a good time it is definitely more for families.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise no matter which you choose.

If the cost really is that close I'd give Oasis a try. It's a destination regardless of the itinerary and typically way more expensive. Oasis is a different kind of a cruise. You're mostly cruising to experience the ship (at least the first time). It's so amazing that you can't really get the idea until you do it.

One nice thing about Freedom is it leaves from Port Canaveral. So, if you have any desires to do any Orlando "stuff" like Disney, or Universal you can plan for both.

Freedom always leaves from there, I think. But, if you're cruising after Oasis moves there then you could do either.

We also went to the Space Center last time we were there (flew in a day early) and it was a really interesting experience. We loved it.

We've been on all three of these ships and you really can't lose.

Tom

Freedom was our favorite ship....until Oasis kicked her out of the lead by a nautical mile!

So, Another vote for Oasis.

If the price were that close for either of our two upcoming cruises, we would be booked on Oasis in stead of Freedom and Navigator. However, if you do choose Freedom or Navigator, look into the corner aft balconies. We LOVE those and are booked in them for the next two cruises.:) (They book up quickly, so they may not be an option for you anymore).

• 9 months later...

Bumping this thread up - if Oasis and Freedom were similar in cost - with Freedom actually being more $$ ($350 more for an OV and $900+ more for a balcony) - would you absolutely choose Oasis?

Kids will be (almost) 9 and 6. Both are Western Caribb. itineraries - Freedom to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya - Oasis to Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel.

I prefer the Freedom itinerary (I think) - but on Freedom we would be OV and Oasis balcony to keep costs similar. Thoughts? Hoping to decide today to take advantage of the current sale.

Thanks!

On Freedom now and would absolutely choose Oasis over Freedom. Freedom is a great ship but no match for Oasis. Ours is a family cruise and price played a major roll in the selection.

ok...so we are just off Freedom a few weeks ago and have never been on any Oasis class ships. That being said....we booked the 8 night Freedom for next April and then Oasis for April 2018...I liked having the extra night that Freedom offered and then we thought its time to try one of the larger ships too...so the best of both worlds I guess...lol.

Bumping this thread up - if Oasis and Freedom were similar in cost - with Freedom actually being more $$ ($350 more for an OV and $900+ more for a balcony) - would you absolutely choose Oasis?

Kids will be (almost) 9 and 6. Both are Western Caribb. itineraries - Freedom to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya - Oasis to Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel.

I prefer the Freedom itinerary (I think) - but on Freedom we would be OV and Oasis balcony to keep costs similar. Thoughts? Hoping to decide today to take advantage of the current sale.

Thanks!

You have to decide which vacation type you want to have. Both are going to be great but if it were up to me I would chose the itinerary over the ship. We had the western Harmony booked for this December and canceled it in favor of better destinations and new things to see(we gave up a balcony room and went back to an interior as well to make it work for us:eek:). Usually price is higher on the Oasis class ships but the freedoms itinerary that you have listed sounds pretty good so maybe that is why the price is higher. Either choice is a good one but will have much different vacation results.