Can't Decide! Any big NCL fans and why?

Definitely NCL is the better deal and for the cost, I would get one of The Haven Suites - there is a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms that sleeps 6. It would be ideal for your family. Right now it looks like 3rd and 4th guest sail free. That would save you a bundle!

We too have 4 kids ages 7-14. We know the difficulty of trying to book space for 6 on a cruise. Also with 4 kids, it doesn't matter how well off you are, you'll always be budget conscious.

Our first cruise was RCIs Freedom OTS and we loved it. The kids had a blast. We choose RCI over DCL because DCL is ridiculously priced. Not saying you won't get the best service ever or the best food and extras but it was almost the cost of 2 RCI cruises to do a single DCL cruise. One of the reasons for the better pricing from RCI was that we could get all 6 of us in a single room on Freedom. As most have said its a one and done type cruise. We might try it once in the future but doubtful.

Our next cruise with the family will be the NCL Jewel. For the price of a Family Oceanview on the Freedom we got a Haven suite. We could have had a regular suite for almost 2k less but we figured we would splurge this one time. We really like the layout of the 2 bedroom suites on the Jewel class ships for a family of 6. Hands down NCL ships will have the best price if you can get on a cruise where you only pay for the first 2 people in a room that sleeps 6 (2 bedroom suite). Plus you get all the amenities that come with being in a suite. In addition the sale that was going when we bought included 350obc, 150 dining credit, 75per port excursion credit and free wifi when we purchased.

Plus - did I mention you are in a suite?

-Sean

Hi everyone! Trying to decide on our first family cruise...we are a big family of six with four kids ranges 6-13. I currently have a DCL on the Wonder booked, and a RCC on the Adventure of the Seas (Southern Caribbean) booked, and just now noticed NCL! Ahhh! I know...too many choices and I'm way indecisive. Honestly I haven't heard much about NCL....I feel after DCL, RCC comes up next...BUT the idea of cool, NEW ships on NCL has me thinking. There is an Escape cruise that would work with our schedule. And I imagine it's like the Getaway, which has good reviews, right? What are your experiences? Why are you choosing to cruise NCL over the others? Thank you for any help!:D

The biggest downer for NCl, in my opinion is the small cabins. The Adventure of the Seas though will have cabins about the same size. Disney cabins are much larger. Though we all know what a great line Disney is and how much fun kids can have, the other lines offer good kids programs. For the older kids, sometimes they prefer what NCL offers. Of course the newer NCL ships, like the Escape are great. For me, the choice would have to do with price as much as anything. As my daughter would say: it has to do with value and we all think of value in different ways.

I think the idea of freestyle dinig alone would make me lean toward NCL. I know with those 3 choices, I would not sail RCI. That brings us down to which one is best for you? I love so much about NCL it is hard to be objective.