Service Card

cruiser20145

So is this a list of extra services, or services already provided that you may not want? Or is it a secret survey to see what services can be eliminated by CCL in the future?:confused:

I read a lot of conspiracy novels. :D

I don't really like the idea. To me this is just another reduction of traditional cabin service. I hope it doesn't lead to the elimination of services just because only a few are choosing that option.

That's how they did away with the Fun Farewell party. Quit advertising it then eliminated it due to "poor attendance"

I think you are on to something here. It very well could be another fishing expedition to change services so the stewards can be reassigned another task. For example, if Carnival says studies show guests don't want evening turn down service, and eliminate it, the stewards can then work in the laundry at night doing the washing and folding, too. It happens people, hotels on shore do it all the time.

Edited by sanmarcosman

I tell my steward at the beginning that we don't need the morning service. I also let them know that I'll put the Snoozing card up along with a note on my door reminding them before I go to bed each night. If I'm sending out laundry or want fresh towels, I just find the steward in the hallway and bring it to them.

Edited by D4

So is this a list of extra services, or services already provided that you may not want? Or is it a secret survey to see what services can be eliminated by CCL in the future?:confused:

I read a lot of conspiracy novels. :D

It seems to be a bit of both - extra services and services already provided. They already provide AM & PM cleaning and the robes. Ice is now optional and there are several here that came back from a cruise and had no idea you had to ask to have the cooler/ice bucket filled each day.

I personally think it is good. As some mentioned, they don't care about one service or the other and it would save the stewards some time. I certainly do not see them doing away with any of the services that they are asking you to check. As for not knowing what you might want each day, I would think you could check off what you know you would want and if you are taking a nap and don't want turn down you could put out the DND sign.

I like personal interaction and find the thought of communicating electronically a little degrading. I think stewards have better things to do then check an app a hundred times a day.

I don't think this is anything electronic. The OP said there were cards, nothing about an app.

i would definitely pass on the robes.

i also would pass on morning service. i like to sleep in, and don't want the steward to have to wait for me to be up and out. i still leave the do not disturb sign up though. if i take it down in the morning, even though i said not to service my room, they still sometimes do.

i already ask for the ice bucket and extra pillows.

i think a menu card would be good.

some people don't know they can opt in (ice), and opt out (morning or evening service)

I was on the Dream last week and this card showed up in our cabin on the first night!

The card asks questions like

1. Do you want morning service and turndown service.

2. Do you want your linens changed midway through the sailing.

Do you need extra

Towels

Pillows

Blankets

Beach Towels

hangers

Do you want robes brought to the stateroom

My BF would rather have nobody come into our room while I really appreciate a daily tidying up. So the card was nice because we could easily let the cabin steward know what we want and neither of us felt like jerks.

Plus it was nice to be reminded that you could get extra towels pillows and that the bath robes were still available!

I imagine the steward just goes off a master list and has all the needs/wants of his cabins listed. And it made less work for him to not to have to do turn down service for us!

I was on the Dream last week and this card showed up in our cabin on the first night!

The card asks questions like

1. Do you want morning service and turndown service.

2. Do you want your linens changed midway through the sailing.

This is great! Yes, we do and thanks for asking Carnival.

That "menu" didn't include anything out of the ordinary as far as I could see.

If anything, I thing it will reduce the stewards' loads by possibly eliminating some morning or evening service.

On all 10 of our cruises we've always met our steward the first day/evening. Maybe we've been lucky - but we've never had a bad steward and one of the very best was on Carnival's Exotic Caribbean.

They say you always remember "your first" :D. On our 1st with HAL we told our steward on day 3 we were sorry but we didn't tidy as much as usual because of an excursion. He just grinned and said "Ahhh, that's MY job. It's YOUR job to have FUN!!" I was hooked forever :D:D (yes, he got a good tip above and beyond auto-tips :) )