Norwegian Jewel

heathernm

I have placed a "24 Hold" on the Norwegian Jewel for a vacation in March out of (San Pedro) California. It will be myself, my husband and our 2 teen age boys. I am hesitant as this seems to be one of few sailings out of this local for this time of year. I have only sailed with RCI and would appreciate any feed back, experiences.... etc. Thank you!

I will be sailing The Jewel in late January out of San Pedro and can not wait.

The ship is very very with lots of space especially in the pool area. There is a large covered area across the aft of Deck 12 outside of the buffet to eat, people watch and just relax. Lots of people go out there to take sunrise and sunset pictures.

I was on The Jewel in last May and love it. The staff is wonderful.

I think that you and your family will have a great time.

We're sailing the Jewel in December but our port is LA sailing to the Mexican Riviera.We've never sailed the Jewel but we did sail the Pearl and loved it. Hoping people who have sailed her will post here.

We're sailing the Jewel in December but our port is LA sailing to the Mexican Riviera.We've never sailed the Jewel but we did sail the Pearl and loved it. Hoping people who have sailed her will post here.

When your Port Itinerary says Los Angeles, they mean San Pedro which is a suburb of LA a little to the south.

I was on The Jewel this past May for Her first cruise to Alaska. Had so much fun with now friends I met on that cruise, that we are doing the 24th of January Mexican Rivera cruise. 183 days and counting.

When your Port Itinerary says Los Angeles, they mean San Pedro which is a suburb of LA a little to the south.

I was on The Jewel this past May for Her first cruise to Alaska. Had so much fun with now friends I met on that cruise, that we are doing the 24th of January Mexican Rivera cruise. 183 days and counting.

Yes you're right! We haven't been to Los Angeles in 25 yrs. Lots to remember and new things to see.

I have cruised on the Jewel three times. Once was a transatlantic. Our most recent cruise on the Jewel was this past April. We love the Jewel.

I especially like the Great Outdoors for the buffet area but also for just sitting during the day.

I like the layout of the buffet stations = fewer lines.

I like the Spinnaker lounge with its huge view windows.

I like the floor to ceiling windows in the library.

I like the convenience of 24 hour food available at O'Sheehans.

I like the bridge viewing window on Deck 11 portside bow.

and like so many other NCL ships, I love the crew.

I have cruised on the Jewel three times. Once was a transatlantic. Our most recent cruise on the Jewel was this past April. We love the Jewel.

I especially like the Great Outdoors for the buffet area but also for just sitting during the day.

I like the layout of the buffet stations = fewer lines.

I like the Spinnaker lounge with its huge view windows.

I like the floor to ceiling windows in the library.

I like the convenience of 24 hour food available at O'Sheehans.

I like the bridge viewing window on Deck 11 portside bow.

and like so many other NCL ships, I love the crew.

Thank you!!!! Very thorough!

I have placed a "24 Hold" on the Norwegian Jewel for a vacation in March out of (San Pedro) California. It will be myself, my husband and our 2 teen age boys. I am hesitant as this seems to be one of few sailings out of this local for this time of year. I have only sailed with RCI and would appreciate any feed back, experiences.... etc. Thank you!

There are very few lines that are doing Mexico, so yes, you are pretty limited. My biggest problem but with kids the age of yours, you have no choice, would be sailing during March, which is the heigth of spring break, especially for college kids. Any cruise is going to be a party time if it is college spring break.

Now, as for the Jewel, it is a great ship, the first of the Jewel class ships. We will be doing the same itinerary in just less than 3 months and are very excited. My advise, don't worry about the Jewel, do worry about spring break.

There are very few lines that are doing Mexico, so yes, you are pretty limited. My biggest problem but with kids the age of yours, you have no choice, would be sailing during March, which is the heigth of spring break, especially for college kids. Any cruise is going to be a party time if it is college spring break.

Now, as for the Jewel, it is a great ship, the first of the Jewel class ships. We will be doing the same itinerary in just less than 3 months and are very excited. My advise, don't worry about the Jewel, do worry about spring break.

I agree!!!! We sailed on the Allure last year for Spring Break ( out of Ft Lauderdale ) ....Surprisingly - it was a "well behaved" trip. Love RCI. Really wish they would have more intineraries on the West Coast.