Cunard QV for solo cruiser?

Brimming irk

Hi

Be interested in hearing about any experiences of cruising on Cunard and particularly the Queen Victoria. I like the itinerary but am a bit worried that the on-board experience may be too structured around couples. Look forward to hearing from anyone with experience :)

I sailed on the Queen Mary last October and I enjoyed the ports but I found it lonely and not solo friendly. I had read some reviews from from solo travelers going back and forth to England and they wrote about better experiences. Read some reviews. There was no solo table in dining room. I had table for two. Maybe if you make some friends on cc you would at least enjoy mdr. Very formal.

I do not hesitate to recommend Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth for solos, provided you want Cunard formality. The Social Hostess schedules events for solos and there's always been friendly people at dinner, solo or not (I've always been seated at a larger table).

I have been uniformly disappointed in QM2 and do not consider it good value for money.

Edited by Dancer Bob

I sailed on the Queen Mary last October and I enjoyed the ports but I found it lonely and not solo friendly. I had read some reviews from from solo travelers going back and forth to England and they wrote about better experiences. Read some reviews. There was no solo table in dining room. I had table for two. Maybe if you make some friends on cc you would at least enjoy mdr. Very formal.

I enjoy eating at a large table (8-10) where I am likely to find at least one or two (hopefully more) people with whom to enjoy conversing during dinner.

To the OP....

I responded to your question on the Cunard forum.