Alchemy Bar…different from other bars?

Not a great fan of Carnival, but this bar is the best think on sea. I love my bartender. Was there every day. Had so much fun that I now have my on special drink. If you go, the fun is making something not on the menu.

Can a "virgin" drink be ordered at the Alchemy Bar or will they send you away?

Last summer I was on a cruise when my wife was pregnant. All week the bartenders took it as a challenge to come up with a wide variety of unique virgin cocktails for her.

Edited by realjd

Last summer I was on a cruise when my wife was pregnant. All week the bartenders took it as a challenge to come up with a wide variety of unique virgin cocktails for her.

Thank you. I hope I don't have to tell them I'm pregnant to join the group at the bar. While I don't quite show my age, I am 70 and certainly can't pass for 30.

Someone mentioned this bar not opening until 4pm. Is that only on the days they have LGBT meetings or everyday? Asking because we were planning to have an informal M & G at this bar on embarkation day. Will it be open?

On the Victory it was never open before 4.

Not sure if this question was asked elsewhere - Is Cheers honored at this bar?

I know the sampler would not be since its $17. But, what about their other concoctions?

Yes CHEERS works at the Alchemy Bar - drinks are $9.95 . CHEERS will not work for the sampler flight. But they will make you full size of any from the sampler you're interested in and charge them to your CHEERS package.

DH and I had planned to choose 4 off the sampler menu to "share" - two on his CHEERS and 2 on mind - but they didn't offer it on the Victory.

Yes CHEERS works at the Alchemy Bar - drinks are $9.95 . CHEERS will not work for the sampler flight. But they will make you full size of any from the sampler you're interested in and charge them to your CHEERS package.

DH and I had planned to choose 4 off the sampler menu to "share" - two on his CHEERS and 2 on mind - but they didn't offer it on the Victory.

Thanks! That is what I will do as well! Can't wait! Sorry they didn't have it on your cruise...

They're strong drinks! :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes they are! I saw from your pics you were on the Freedom too. The martinis got me every single time. I can drink a million margaritas, 2 martinis and I had to take off my shoes like a 21 year old leaving the club.

Yes they are! I saw from your pics you were on the Freedom too. The martinis got me every single time. I can drink a million margaritas, 2 martinis and I had to take off my shoes like a 21 year old leaving the club.

LOL. Love that visual. I know exactly what you mean. ;)

Sailing on the Miracle at Christmas...Can't wait to try this new bar. I'm so excited they have it on the Miracle now. I don't know if this question has been asked because I didn't read all the posts...sorry. But do they serve any kind of snacks or food, either for free or purchase, in the Alchemy?

Sailing on the Miracle at Christmas...Can't wait to try this new bar. I'm so excited they have it on the Miracle now. I don't know if this question has been asked because I didn't read all the posts...sorry. But do they serve any kind of snacks or food, either for free or purchase, in the Alchemy?

Post #9 (thanks Martini Mom) has a photo of the snack plate offered at the Alchemy Bar - but honestly we never saw it or had it offered to us. [emoji20]

Just what I wanted to know!! Thank you!! Can't wait to try it out on the Sunshine in March!!

Aaah! Anna, Tetyana, and Parviz! They were on our Liberty sailing in 2014. We loved all 3 of them. I'd love to know if any of them are on the Sunshine in October when we sail.

Parviz (aka Mix Master G) was on our 27 June - 5 July sailing on the Sunshine so he may still be there when you board in October.

He was the only Alchemist that we really liked on that sailing.