Alchemy Bar…different from other bars?

It was a lot of fun on Pride.!

The bartender, an American, put the 4 martinis in front of me and I had to guess which was which. Two I mixed up and he had me try again. Then he gave me a little silver charm of a martini glass with a stone in it. (It is on some silver hoop the size of an earing--I still don't know what to do with it!)

He was very entertaining. Best if there are other people there and you watch all the interactions.

Put the ring on your glass as a way of marking it. A very big step up from a sharpie on a red cup. ;)

First rule of Alchemy Bar is: You don't talk about Alchemy Bar. :D

But seriously, Alchemy Bar isn't a bar, it's an experience. Anyone who's pulled up a seat there more than twice know what I'm talking about.

So much an experience, that we won't book a cruise on a Carnival ship unless it has one.

You end up wanting to take the bartenders... excuse me, the Alchemists home with you!

It's like trying to explain a RollerCoaster ride to someone that's never been on one. You just gotta strap in, and enjoy the ride!

Yep....what he said ^^^^^^!! ;) :D

We enjoyed the Alchemy Bar on the Victory in May for the first time. Being a martini lover - it was my "go to" place from Day 1 - BUT the rest of our group was there by the end of Day 2.

The Alchemists really get to know you - your likes and dislikes - and I had many unique and special concoctions that were all FANTASTIC.

The entire experience blew us away. Would considering booking again JUST for the Alchemy bar!

Nice drinks, not available at other bars. They can quite often be a bit packed and hard to get a drink from. They seemed to have their regulars that sat their every night. I found it often difficult to be able to get a drink, but did wait on occasion as the drinks are very good.

Sounds fun! What ships is this on? We are going on the splendor next week & contemplating either the sunshine or conquest early next year.

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Pride

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Glory

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Liberty

Carnival Victory

Carnival Miracle

Carnival Vista

Edited by AdrenalineRush

The bartender, an American, put the 4 martinis in front of me and I had to guess which was which. Two I mixed up and he had me try again. Then he gave me a little silver charm of a martini glass with a stone in it. (It is on some silver hoop the size of an earing--I still don't know what to do with it!)

He was very entertaining. Best if there are other people there and you watch all the interactions.

He gave you a wine glass charm! Does it open? If so, it goes on the stem of your glass so you know which is yours.

That pouring from multiple shakers into a row of glasses was a challenge on The Amazing Race a couple of seasons ago and the contestants did NOT do well at it, quite a skill. I've been on two ships with Alchemy and completely ignored it. I'm going to make it a point to stop there on my next cruise. Not a lover of vodka, so I was avoiding Martinis being most are made with them, but now I'm thinking something with Godiva Chocolate Liqueur and Malibu Rum and maybe raspberry or mango something.......mmmm......

Alchemy Bar is fabulous. We went there every night on our Liberty cruise (a 5 nighter) and tried every drink on their menu over that 5 days. Very expensive but so worth it!

I can definitely attest as another poster above said that Alchemy tends to get its regular customers and it can be difficult to get a seat. Go really early in the evening or really late at night when the second show is going on or comedy is going and it's easier to get a seat.

So many positive comments about this bar, the mixologists, and the diverse customers.

I am not a drinker, nor am I with Friends of Dorothy, but isn't the Alchemy Bar the usual setting for the LGBT crowd? Can martinis really make this world a better place?

So many positive comments about this bar, the mixologists, and the diverse customers.

I am not a drinker, nor am I with Friends of Dorothy, but isn't the Alchemy Bar the usual setting for the LGBT crowd? Can martinis really make this world a better place?

I haven't noticed a higher than usual LGBT crowd at the Alchemy Bar on any of our cruises that had one. It's not a stereotypical gay bar if that's what you're asking. Honestly, if LGBT guests frequent it more often than other bars, how would you even notice? Why would you even care?

I haven't noticed a higher than usual LGBT crowd at the Alchemy Bar on any of our cruises that had one. It's not a stereotypical gay bar if that's what you're asking. Honestly, if LGBT guests frequent it more often than other bars, how would you even notice? Why would you even care?

I think Carnival advertises in the fun times for LGBT to meet there?

Edited by Kcarp

I am not a drinker, nor am I with Friends of Dorothy, but isn't the Alchemy Bar the usual setting for the LGBT crowd?

Actually, I think they use the Alchemy location for meetings when the bar is closed. The Alchemy doesn't open for customers until 4pm I believe.

I did not see a picture of this, so I thought I would contribute:

Only 4 at a time? You shoulda been on The Liberty last August. I'm still trying to find what ship Tetianna, and Anna are working on. Check out Anna pouring 8!

<a href=Alchemy%20pour.jpg' alt='Alchemy%20pour.

605640459_Alchemypour.jpg.cd357b80449166f9018dd15d6e96bae8.jpg

Edited by MasterMason
better photo

My comment, if you read it correctly, was that most posters had positive comments, and that many enjoyed their experience there. I posted the question "can martinis make this world a better place"? since diversity is encouraged at the bar.

My care is only that we can all get along.......no harm in that, is there?

Put it on the stem of your wine or martini glass.

Our experience has been that the Alchemists make the Alchemy bar. Yes, the drinks are great but it's more enjoyable (at least to us) when the Alchemists are fun and friendly.

On the Conquest, we LOVED the Alchemy bar. We spent A LOT of time back there last year interacting with our new friend Vera; she was great!

We enjoyed the Alchemy bar so much on the Conquest that we were really looking forward to going on the Sunshine last month!

Well....on the Sunshine it was a different experience. We did enjoy "Mix-Master G" the other 2 were so boring that we got tired of the Alchemy Bar by Day 3 of our 8 day cruise. It was a totally different experience than on the Conquest. IMO, the Alchemist made a HUGE different as to the atmosphere of the Alchemy Bar.

Alchemy drinks are the best on the ship, IMHO. And I'm not really a fan of martinis.

Technically they aren't martinis. They're cocktails served in a martini glass. (Yes, sorry, my booze snobbery is showing.) Either way, they are quite yummy. It is one of my favorite places on the ship.

Technically they aren't martinis. They're cocktails served in a martini glass. (Yes, sorry, my booze snobbery is showing.) Either way, they are quite yummy. It is one of my favorite places on the ship.

LOL...sometimes I have to hold my tongue when it comes to faux martinis also. But I do love a real Bombay Sapphire martini. ( though I do cheat with a bit of dirty)

But doesnt everything taste better in a martini glass? Haha

Only 4 at a time? You shoulda been on The Liberty last August. I'm still trying to find what ship Tetianna, and Anna are working on. Check out Anna pouring 8!

<a href=Alchemy%20pour.jpg' alt='Alchemy%20pour.

Aaah! Anna, Tetyana, and Parviz! They were on our Liberty sailing in 2014. We loved all 3 of them. I'd love to know if any of them are on the Sunshine in October when we sail.