Your favorite restaurants

Texancruisers

We went to the Swizzle Inn on the South Shore (not really within walking distance from Horseshoe Bay, although we walked all but about 1/2 mile of it) and the Lobster Pot in Hamilton.

At the Swizzle Inn, I had the BBQ chicken Nachos (small portion) but it was plenty for more than one. They were delicious! The Rum Swizzles were good, although I haven't ever had any to compare them with. The others in my group had the fish sandwiches. They said they were good as well. Service was slow and we were crowded at a small table. It was fun to say we had been there but I'd try somewhere else next time. Maybe the original Swizzle Inn is less cramped inside?

The Lobster Pot was nice--I had a lobster and shrimp wrap with fries and my husband had some sort of fish sandwich, maybe Wahoo.

I've heard that Art Mel's is great--it was on my list of places to go...maybe next time!

In Hamilton we like the Hog Penny and in St. George's the White Horse Tavern.

I like the fish chowder in the Hog Penny, and the overall ambiance of the White Horse.

Others have their own favorites...the original Swizzle Inn near St. George's is popular and lots of people rave about the fish sandwich at Art Mel's. The Frog and Onion in Dockyard is a long-time favorite among cruisers whose ships are docked there.

I second the recommendation of the Hog Penny Pub in Hamilton (get the Bermuda fish chowder with a shot of dark rum and hot sherry sauce).

Also the White Horse in St. George's. We had a nice meal and adult beverage out on their deck one time.

The Swizzle Inn is okay and fun -- but I'd hit the Hog Penny and White Horse Tavern first.

Please advise us on where your favorite place for lunch in St. George and Hamilton, Bermuda and why. I have several ideas but would appreciate some experienced advice. Thanks in advance!!!! :)

The other ideas given so far are pretty good. I will just add Tavern on the Wharf in St. George because I like the outdoor seating on the wharf and the view.

Thank you all for your recommendations!!! That fish sandwich at the Spicy Dicey sounds really good!!!! We will probably do the Frog and Onion at Kings Wharf too. The Lobster Pot was on my list too. Our mouths are watering!!!!!!:D:D:D

I was disappointed that Art Mei's was not open when I was in St. George a month ago.

We also have to try the Rum Swizzle and the Dark and Stormy for our friends who couldn't be with us!!!! :(:(

Yes you do have to have those drinks!! :D

I second the recommendation for the Pub in Hamilton ......the suggestion to have the fish chowder with the Bermuda sherry in it......you need to buy a bottle of that to bring home, too!! it is yummy....I have still have some.

I was disappointed that Art Mei's was not open when I was in St. George a month ago.

It was closed on a Tuesday ((July 14) when we were there. We only had 2 days in Bermuda on the LOS. The website states closed Sunday and Monday.

• 1 month later...

The best place for lunch in St George is Wahoo on Water St - it's fish dishes, especially the Bermuda Triangle, just leave all the other restaurants dead in the water.

The place with the prettiest view is the Beach House at Blackbeards, just out by Fort St Catherine.

Everything else in St George is pretty much the same as each other and fairly forgettable IMO.

In Hamilton the best pub is the Hog Penny and the Lobster Pot is up there as a very good restaurant. 1609 at the Hamilton Princess is worth going to for a drink at least, the view down the harbour at sunset is stunning.

Across the road from the turning down to Horseshoe beach on South Shore is the Gulfstream restaurant - nice casual eatery with tasty food. I wouldn't recommend anywhere else to eat between there and the eateries in Dockyard.