Has anyone been bumped from a sailing due to it being chartered?

I thought Pete gave up on Royal anyway. :what:
Just because I may have given up on RCI for future bookings, I still have one which was booked in 2014 for which I would like to know how RCI deal with guests who could be in the unfortunate situation of being bumped. Am I not allowed to ask about RCI process that could affect my one remaining cruise I have booked with RCI?

Or is that a problem?

Have you experience of being bumped due to a charter? I can't see any evidence of that from your 2 posts in reply to this thread, which are just personal insults to the poster, me included IMHO.

Edited by peteukmcr

Hi Peter and to others who are wondering-February 2016 sailings on the Serenade are showing either sold out, not available or just not showing the sailing at all. I would be a little concerned if it were my sailing and I would definitely do some research(as you are doing) so that I would not be caught off guard. I hope your sailing goes on as planned :)

Just because I may have given up on RCI for future bookings, I still have one which was booked in 2014 for which I would like to know how RCI deal with guests who could be in the unfortunate situation of being bumped. Am I not allowed to ask about RCI process that could affect my one remaining cruise I have booked with RCI?

Or is that a problem?

Oh and BTW for future information, my name is Peter, not Pete.

Have you experience of being bumped due to a charter? I can't see any evidence of that from your 2 posts in reply to this thread, which are just personal insults to the poster, me included IMHO.

Ok Peter, the Kia comment was topical because that is the reason for the Brilliance charter following the cruise I am also on. We wanted to extend to 9 days but can't, unless we buy a Kia. ;)

We currently have a 28 day cruises disrupted because of a littany of issues created by Royal. The redeploying of Rhapsody to Tampa killed 4 of those days, then the TA from Rome to PC killed another 14. But we were notified several weeks apart. We have a great price on the remaining 10 day Med, but they won't protect that price so we can create a new B2B. Plus we have a GS on Rhapsody, and one of the replacement choices does not have any suites left and this is 400+ days away.

And as far as you, I truly thought you had previously said you had sailed your last voyage with Royal. My mistake.

Hi Peter and to others who are wondering-February 2016 sailings on the Serenade are showing either sold out, not available or just not showing the sailing at all. I would be a little concerned if it were my sailing and I would definitely do some research(as you are doing) so that I would not be caught off guard. I hope your sailing goes on as planned :)
Many thanks. Latest word is that our sailing on 15th Feb has not been chartered, but RCI is not consistent in the responses provided so we still wait and see.

happened twice to us. Once on NCL and once on RCI. DW noticed them before they actually announced them and we were able to jump to another cruise. Both times they were charted by a gay cruise. Seems to be a common occurrence,

Many thanks. Latest word is that our sailing on 15th Feb has not been chartered, but RCI is not consistent in the responses provided so we still wait and see.

See my response below - we actually dug up the web site of the group that chartered it. We decided to switch early instead of waiting to see what would happen. Don't wait too long, you may limit your options.

See my response below - we actually dug up the web site of the group that chartered it. We decided to switch early instead of waiting to see what would happen. Don't wait too long, you may limit your options.
Unfortunately as I mentioned in my earlier examples, as we booked in the UK, we cannot cancel our current cruise without losing our deposits which we can ill afford. Conversely, we can't book alternative cruises just in case ours doesn't go ahead because if we were to cancel these we'd also lose any deposits (taking into consideration our ability to pay out additional money on deposits).

I appreciate that any delay could limit our options, but unfortunately we are not in the position where we can switch without penalty. I only wish I could as I would have at least 2 alternatives on hold right now.

Our Rhapsody TA showed up as Sold Out about two weeks before they announced the redeploying. Once the move from PC to Tampa was official, they offered us several Majesty cruises. We took one, and they also said Rhapsody TA was still a go. Several weeks later, the TA got cancelled. No reason given, even several weeks later. To complicate even further, we now need to reschedule the Majesty cruise since it conflicts with our replacement TA.

I hope your Serenade voyage continues, but I wouldn't hold my breath. We are on Serenade in March and April 2017

Edited by John&LaLa