Norwegian Gem Deck 8

Well, good luck. My tolerance to late night noise is high, considering I'm usually up for all of that. How early you plan to be in bed would be a factor.

Here is deck 7 and deck 8 of the Gem together to give you an idea...

gem7-8.jpg

I have been searching these posts looking for info regarding the potential noise issue which may affect aft penthouse 8630 as it is directly above the Bliss Lounge (nightclub) and the bowling alley.

I found lots of helpful cruisers relaying what they had seen in previous posts but not much direct knowledge.

Okay, here's the straight poop!

I just returned (yesterday) from the Gem cruise to Florida and Nassau.

I am somewhat sensitive to noise when I sleep and was understandably anxious about the nightclub and bowling alley.

I can tell you I heard nothing! Not one sound. No bowling balls, no music, no bass thumping...nothing! My bedtimes varied, early and late. I heard nothing!

Now keep in mind, on this cruise, every night was spent at sea. So the rumble of the engines (actually the cavitations of the propellers) was always there and may have drowned out any other noise. However, the rumble was pleasant and not annoying...so was the sound of the wake. So I don't know how it would be if the ship was in port overnight with the nightclub operating.

I loved the aft penthouse 8630 and would take it again!

Hope this helps!

Deck 8 has OSheehans midship, and curved/ramped hallways forward . We have stayed on the 5th deck on both the Gem and the BA and were happy there both times. We have stayed on the Gem on the 8th deck, but liked 5 better. Either way, you are on a ship!!

Safe Sailing

We've sailed on the Gem MANY times (see signature below) and just LOVE IT. One of our our inside cabins on the Gem was on Deck 8 just forward of the Blue Lagoon (now O'Sheehan's). Absolutely no noise whatsoever. Very quiet. So quiet, in fact, we found ourselves sleeping MUCH later than normal (0930-1000). So even with an ocean view cabin I don't think you'll have any issues.

Enjoy your cruise!

Tom