First time on a p & o cruise - brittania - advice on deck plans needed

Missblondie85

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice, we are planning on going on our first p & o cruise on the brittania in November 2015. The travel agents have told us the cabins available are on deck a ( deck 15). Has anyone stayed on this deck before? Is it noisy? Do you feel a lot of movement? We have been on other cruises before but have always been a lot lower down on the ship, but have always been told the higher up you are the more you feel the ship sway.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Simple answer is "no" I have not stayed on this deck. It stands to reason that the further up you are, the more movement there will be if the ship is in rough water.

It aslo makes a difference where the cabin is on the ship. There will be less movement midships and more towards the bow or stern.

A deck is the top deck of cabins and as a result some have the possibility of noise from above, either sunbeds around the pool or chair movement in the buffet. All cabins from 301/2 aft also have an overhang from the wider lido deck above resulting in more shade on the balcony.You have not specified the type or sleeping numbers in the cabin you want, which might be why your TA is only offering A deck cabins, but I suspect it is just lack of knowledge since there are options for most grades on a range of decks.

Our preference would be to have cabins above and below us to minimise any public area noise, and prefereably not too far forward or aft, but Britannia is fairly stable and in most seas you will not notice much difference whichever deck you choose.

Hi,

We have just got back and were on C deck, Deck 12. Right in the middle of the ship. Hardly any noise and hardly any movement. We had a Superior deluxe balcony. The room was great, Very spacious.

I have seen some people complaining about balcony's being to small. I don't think they are. The chairs are maybe a bit big if anything.

We have recently been in B214 no noise or movement, in fact I had to keep checking the ship wasn't stationary! I agree the balcony was fine for our needs. The only issue is the lifts, not as far as we were concerned but there were instances where people wouldn't give priority to those in wheelchairs, which is a bit sad ...

Yes the lifts/stairs are quite odd. Getting to the oriental from the peninsula is very strange indeed. Overall I couldn't fault the ship. Really impressed with it. My pick has got to be sindhu. By a mile the best Indian I have ever had. Out of this world.

I spent two weeks in a Balcony cabin on Deck 16, didnt feel any movement - heard noises from the Lido deck pool party at sailaways and deck chairs being moved about on Deck 17

I also agree with the comments regarding Sindhu - fabulous meal - but go in hungry as you WILL come out stuffed !!

Florry thanks for your comments on your cabin.

Next year have booked cabin B314 so close! We are going to canneries in june 2016.

This will be our first P&O cruise and feel that all the issues mentioned by other cruisers MAY have been ironed out by june 2016!

if anyone has any other comments on the newest vessel please help us newbies out!

Barry & Christine

Florry thanks for your comments on your cabin.

Next year have booked cabin B314 so close! We are going to canneries in june 2016.

This will be our first P&O cruise and feel that all the issues mentioned by other cruisers MAY have been ironed out by june 2016!

if anyone has any other comments on the newest vessel please help us newbies out!

Barry & Christine

Hi Barry and Christine, we didn't really experience problems at all and enjoyed Britannia very much. If there are any specific questions you have about the things you've read let me know and I will try to answer them. The lack of stairs mid-ship shouldn't affect you too much as you have a fwd cabin. The balconies are big enough to sit on comfortably but not recline and sunbathe. I know some people have said the bathrooms are small, this is true but they are still functional. We are not thin and fitted in the shower although we didn't try getting in together ;) the cabin, food, public areas etc were all lovely. It's a long way to walk from one end to the other but that helps keep the pounds off [emoji6] what I'm trying to say is that it's a lovely ship and I thought everything was very good.

We have just been on deck 15 in cabin A416. We felt no movement at all, although the sea was not rough.

As far as the noise is concerned there was none during the night but we occasionaly heard the chairs being moved during the day, but it certainly didn't bother us.

Unless you are disabled there are no real problems with the lifts.

It's an excellent ship and I'm sure you would have a great time.